Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Do you wanna start a new project with me?

Started by Magnethos, September 28, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

@amigo
I have thought about making the rods using the next method:

First of all, buy Aluminum Powder and Iron Powder, then mix them in 98:2. Once we have the powder mix made, build a mold and then heat the powder mix in the mold using an Inductor Heater. When the metals are enough heated and the mix is good, turn of the inductor heater and wait until the mix is cooled.
Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma3VDDv2d-E
Of course, you must to build a better mold.

Yes, I know is a little dangerous to replicate this at home, but... everyone have to think about what are the best possibilities to build the rods.

Your idea is very good! Here in the country I live is almost impossible to find a manufacturer to build the wire. So, if you can, contact with them and ask for prices. If we are a good amount of members to start in this project, the best option will be to do a custom run for us.

amigo

@Magnethos,

I am not a metallurgist but a quick search reveals that Fe and Al have different melting points (1,535C and 660C respectively) which means you will have to heat both up to 1,535C at least. I do not know what kind of impact would that have on Al being heated that high...

As far as the wire goes, I'm contemplating what exactly do I want to do first. Have many things going at the moment and do not wish to lose focus. But I might inquire from that company about custom production, etc.

AbbaRue

Might I suggest using electroplating and vacuum plating methods to make the alloy.
I have read that you can make Bronze by using a copper and a tin rod and the proper voltages.
So other alloys should work too. 
Only problem I see is Al doesn't work with electroplating, I don't know if iron does either.
I understand Al is vacuum plated on things.  This may work for iron too. 

Another suggestion for making small samples is using a charcoal block, a heat source, and a blow pipe.
Using these three items you can melt small samples of metals together using even a candle flame.
I know it will melt iron.  An example of using a Blow Pipe is mentioned here.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=FiD662Xra90C&pg=PA237&lpg=PA237&dq=blow+pipe+metallurgy&source=web&ots=42yBGiY3Q8&sig=bl9xrlYWytj73k7LuEsfAteyJ3M&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

AbbaRue

Another thought.
If you mix iron oxide with aluminum powder you get Thermite.
Maybe by making a little thermite and mixing that with a large amount of aluminum powder
you could make some of this alloy.
Ignite the thermite and let it melt the aluminum. 
If this is done under a blanket of argon it may produce some of the Al/Fe alloy you need.

Magnethos

@amigo and AbbaRue
Of course, it's true that aluminum and iron has different melting point (almost 1000 Degrees celsius of difference), so as you, I don't know what impact would have to heat the aluminum at 1535 at least. That's a very interesting point to analyze. The best option is the custom production company, but we have to know the prices.

I haven't heard about electroplating, but you say that we can't electroplating aluminum so... Blowpipe is very interesting test, because we only need a very little amount of metal to do the rods. Wires must be done by the company. Let us know more information about Blowpipe.