Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricme

@ all
Thanks for the kind remarks about my big torid and all the other stuff, TA

@ Gadgetmall
Ohh my, thats a biggie, nice transformer you have there Al, very very nice indeed, and you found it in a dumpster to boot, see all, good things come to those who wait or ask lol. Might be an idea to google it with the brand and model number and see if there is a circuit for it.

You have an Oscillagraph 1940's vintage, fulla dirt? huh, Al, you been mining again, I bet your shed is fulla good stuff (like my shed) lol
Al, if it is what I think it is, hang onto it, don't take it to bits, this thing could be used as a earthquake recorder, barometer, etc etc. I'm going to google it and see.

@Ist,
What are we going to do with yuh mate, I see your turtle torid has had babies, lots of em, look on the table top, all those dark green ceramics, lol. Feeding that lot with juce will keep you going haaaa ha. Lots of sleepless nights changing naps, zaps hee he.

I got more of those 1.2v wet cell nicads, (got bigger ones tooooo, shhhhhhhhhhhh, keeep it quert, whisper ..............
I'm nuts again, tabs worn off.

@ Timmy
Great posts you have there

@ Bill
thanks for all your kind remarks, with my big torid, I only wish you and the others, had one also, it sure would help with results, I'm going to find a way to make them, so at least we can all have experience with this.

@ Jeanna, hope I'm not to late, how much stuff does a holly rolly cake tin hold?
Wanna make a torid cake.

@ all (again)
General Jim, hmmm what say you all, should I or should I not, I'm easy, should I just go for GJ? what ever is easy for everyone.

jim

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

Pirate88179

@ GJ:

You mentioned once about us making a large toroid ourselves and this got me thinking.  Ferrite is out, too hard to make with high pressures and high temps.  But, Mark has shown that the powdered iron works just fine for him, and even better on the high freq. stuff....so.......Intravertabrate (On youtube Bedini stuff) says he makes his own cores by mixing powered iron with glue and it works better with the Bedini than a solid iron core.  So, maybe we could get a bag of powered iron and mix it with glue also in the shape, as you mentioned, of a large toroid.  Maybe a bunt cake mold or something?  Heck, these things are like 10" in diameter!  The glue just has to hold it together and the powdered iron could probably (I am no chemist) make up like 90% of the mix.

Something to think about as you brought it up and I saw a similar thing on youtube for the Bedini motor.  Just food for thought but remember, you started it.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jeanna

or remember that Fisher Price stack of rings? They have a seam and are just plastic molds. Perfect for this. Maybe we need a chemist? Resin rat?

good night.

jeanna

Mk1

@all

2 coil in series 122.3 volt dc , with my neon on it the voltage drops to 107.4 volts. So i got 2 times 120 volts.

I will have to buy cfl , to try it unmodified.

Pirate88179

@ MK1:

That is a new record is it not?  Great job!!!

@ All:

Anyone ever heard of a Rodin coil?  here is a link to the 2nd part of a youtube video.  i have never seen a coil like this before and, as it happens, he wound it on a Fisher-price doughnut ring, the same type Jeanna suggested for our toroid casting experiments with the iron powder and glue.  Take a look and see what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP5_ShzJcW8

Bil
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen