Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricme

@all

Using a Joule Thief to Charge a big 1.2v  NiCad wet cell Battery.
I am trying to discover if my JT will be able to charge up a larger battery, other than a AA 1.2v NiCad or NMh 1.2v cell.

I have a number of mid size ALEAD NiCad battery cells, each cell is 9 1/4" High x 3 1/8" wide x 4 1/2" deep
Picked up a couple and brought inside, washed the outside in suds and dried.

1st cell was  0.15volts, at least it wasn't 0v

At 12 MD I began to charge it by using my Big Joule Thief Torid with a fully charged 1.2v MH battery.

Time         JT Cell V       ALEAD Cell V        
at 12.ooMD      1.34v                 0.15v
at 12.30pm       1.30v                 0.54v
at   1.00pm       1.28v                 0.61v
at   1.30pm       1.27v                 0.64v
at   2.00pm       1.26v                 0.66v
at   2.30pm        -------                 ------
at   3.00pm       1.25v                 0.71v
at   3.30pm       1.24v                 0.73v
at   4.00pm       1.23v                 0.74v
at   4.30pm       1.22v                 0.75v
at   5.00pm       1.20v                 0.77v
at   5.30pm       1.16v                 0.78v
at   6.00pm       1.11v                 0.79v
at   6.30pm       0.98v                 0.79v
at   7.00pm       0.67v                 0.75v  Bat voltage dropped, put a fresh AA batt in to continue charging
                                                          Ceased recording info.

well this cell seems to be coming up, but it has a very long way to go.

See 0412.jpg = Start Batt charge, AA NiMH is 1.30v
       0413.jpg = Alead 1.2v cell is charging, it has received 0.50volts, not bad as it got this from a AA battery.
       0411.jpg = How big is the Alead 1.2volt battery? Just this big, lol

I should be able to drive every JT I ever make to lite up my house lights, we shall seeeeeeeeeee.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

nievesoliveras

@Jeanna

Have a nice vacation!!

Jesus

Pirate88179

@ General Jim:

First, if you do not like this nickname, let us know and we will not use it anymore.  I like it because it just came about, as all good nicknames do, and I think it fits.  but, speak up if you do not like it and I won't use it anymore.

Second, that is good information you have gathered there.  I may have missed it but are you also lighting an LED at the same time you are charging?  if so, those are not bad numbers. 

I was working on my Bedini for a few hours tonight.  Got the coil wound, the rotor mounted, and a few other small jobs done.  I can't wait to fire this baby up.  (I hope it runs)

i have to pass this on.  I believe it was on the comment section on youtube for one of lidmotors videos.  A guy attempted to replicate his Bedini motor and could not get it to run.  Lidmotor worked with him over the course of a few comments and still, no go.  Finally, lidmotor said...."You do realize this motor is not self starting don't you?"  The guy responded..."Really?"  The next comment said the motor was working just fine after he spun it up a bit.  Now, I am not making fun of this guy as there is no telling what I might run into that seems obvious to those that already know about it.

Good work General!

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Mk1

@all

The new mk1 has 4 pickup coil of 22 turn (2 on each side 22 awg)each giving 72 dc volts.I have not played with anything else for now. Not bad for 88 turns , and 4 turn jt coil at 180.

mark

Now feedback

@electricme

great work!

electricme

@ Jeanna
Have a good time away, keep safe, throw a line in the creek (if there is one), bet you will be woundering whats been happening on this thread the first day you are away ha ha ha ha.

Wounder if there are any huge black bears where you are going...................na

Have a safe journey to and from, lady J, you will be missed by all of us until your return.

hooroo

General Jim lol

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.