Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Very Easy question about batteries?

Started by Magnethos, November 24, 2008, 11:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

Think that I have 1 battery (3 Volts @ 1mAmp), of course, think now that I have 10 batteries like the first one:
10 (3Volts @ 1 mAmp).... In parallel connection = 3 Volts @ 10 mAmp.

I know, I can get more volts or more amps... but If I get more volts I will get Less amps.
My question is... the total output is 3 Volts @ 10 mAmp... Can I get more Amps if I get less volts? 1Volt @ 30mAmp? How?

mscoffman

@Magnethos

The voltage on a single cell of a battery is set by the chemical reaction that runs
the battery and you generally cannot easily change that voltage. So simply
by stacking batteries - you are always going to have to have a multiple of
the voltage of a single cell. Useful chemical electro-negativites are in the range
of .75volts to 3volts on a single cell.

This though can be easily handled by what is called a dc-to-dc converter circuit. The circuit
produces AC by switching and the uses a transformer get to the desired voltage.  Rectify,
filter, and regulate and viola you have your desired output voltage. A converter can step up,
step down or simply isolate grounds. Correct designs make high efficiencies possible.

:S:MSCoffman

Magnethos

So... It's possible if I use a DC-to-DC converter unit... I won't use chemical batteries. I'm going to use an antenna receptor... in other words... energy from thin air. I use an antenna and a circuit.

Magnethos

And now think... if I have 1300 Volts @ 20 mAH... I can get 12 Volts @ 2160 mAH?
(1300/12 = 108..... 20 * 108 = 2160)

I think I would need to build my own DC-DC converter, Right? But... this could be possible using my DC-to-DC?

pese

Quote from: Magnethos on November 24, 2008, 11:23:27 AM
Think that I have 1 battery (3 Volts @ 1mAmp), of course, think now that I have 10 batteries like the first one:
10 (3Volts @ 1 mAmp).... In parallel connection = 3 Volts @ 10 mAmp.

I know, I can get more volts or more amps... but If I get more volts I will get Less amps.
My question is... the total output is 3 Volts @ 10 mAmp... Can I get more Amps if I get less volts? 1Volt @ 30mAmp? How?
do you mean
3V 1mAh  that say the Battery can be unload (dissipate 3volt for duration of 1 hour
or 0,1mA for 10 hours  -  2ma for an hal hour and so so on
-

IF you use 10 batteries in parallel so you have the 10 times Power
(because 10 batteries.

This is: 3volt with 10mAh- ("h" for one hour)

Of you place the 10 batteries in SERIE so you
have 30volt with over-all 1mAh

If you calculate
1 Battery  3V time 1mA (h)  so is the dissipation
is:         3mW (h)

10 batteries

3V 10mA   = 30mW
30V  1mA   =30mW      Both is 10 time more
                     power that with one single battery

I hope this was your question
GP
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...