Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New way to make electricity with hydrogen

Started by overtaker, January 04, 2009, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro-Cell

Quote from: Shanti on January 05, 2009, 08:28:18 AM
Well I think what you saw is a video about Browns Gas or about monoatomic hydrogen...

The trick with the monoatmic hydrogen is, that you don't burn it like hydrogen to get the heat. You get the heat just by recombining the single H-Atoms to H2-Molecules. And for this process metals act like a catalyst. Therefore if you place this stream to your hand, it will not heat up much, but if you place a metal in this stream the recombination heat will heat it instantly...

there is no such thing as monatomic hydrogen. hydrogen is H2 even if you did produce H then as soon as it meets another H it becomes H2

theres no way round it unless you burn them one by one.

Creativity

Quote from: Hydro-Cell on January 08, 2009, 01:32:25 PM
there is no such thing as monatomic hydrogen. hydrogen is H2 even if you did produce H then as soon as it meets another H it becomes H2

in big picture i agree.As soon as hydrogen gets free at the electrode it seeks another hydrogen to form a pair with it and itpresents itself like this in any normal circumstances.

PS:just don't forget ionised hydrogen(plasma states,platinium catalisis inside hydrogen fuel cell(fuel cell is not electrolyser !people stop consufing things...))

@all
the question is still where to get the hydrogen in first place(and where to get enrgy to produce it in first place)
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Shanti

Quotethere is no such thing as monatomic hydrogen. hydrogen is H2 even if you did produce H then as soon as it meets another H it becomes H2

Well, this is not exactly true! I looked at it again, and it seems, that as long as the temperature of the gas is > 600°C it remains in its monoatomic state.

Otherwise it would not be possible to do Arc-Atom welding!

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_hydrogen_welding

But I think this claim (> 600°C) in Wiki is a bit strange , as I would expect, that due to statistics some single H atoms will always be slow enough te be able to recombine. So I would expect that only the ratio of H to H2 would change due to temperature...

Creativity

Quote from: Shanti on January 09, 2009, 06:19:55 AM
Well, this is not exactly true! I looked at it again, and it seems, that as long as the temperature of the gas is > 600°C it remains in its monoatomic state.

Otherwise it would not be possible to do Arc-Atom welding!

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_hydrogen_welding

agreed but that is ionisation by electric arc.i took provision on that in PS part of my post.
My point was to make it clear that a hydrogen from electrolysis(brown gas) is always diatomic(inspite what i saw beeing said around this forums).

as on the website:
http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/AtomicH/atomicH.html

"Atomic hydrogen. - Langmuir (1912) has shown that hydrogen in contact with a tungsten wire heated by an electric current at low pressure, is dissociated into atoms:
H2 <=> 2H. This splitting of the hydrogen molecule is attended by the absorption of a large amount of energy, about 100kcal per gram molecule. The atomic hydrogen so formed is chemically very active. Langmuir also showed that atomic hydrogen is formed when an electric arc between tungsten electrodes is allowed to burn in hydrogen at atmospheric pressure. The atomic hydrogen was blown out of the arc by a jet of molecular hydrogen directed across the arc, and formed an intensely hot flame, which is capable of melting tungsten (m.p. 3400oC). This flame obtains its heat not from combustion but from the recombination of hydrogen atoms into H2. It is suitable for melting and welding many metals. Iron can be melted without contamination with carbon, oxygen or nitrogen. Because of the powerful reducing action of the atomic hydrogen, alloys can be melted without fluxes and without surface oxidation. A feature of the flame is the great rapidity with which heat can be delivered to a surface, which is very important in welding operations."

@overtaker

the concept of using it into energy production would be nice if we didn't have to supply the energy to the hydrogen by the electric arc :| it would be great for example to find a catalyst that would dissociate H2 at room temperature (and hydrogen would take the ambient heat).At next stage the hydrogen would recombine in other location rising temperature there.It would be a nice heat pump/fridge :)
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Shanti

Quoteit would be great for example to find a catalyst that would dissociate H2 at room temperature (and hydrogen would take the ambient heat).At next stage the hydrogen would recombine in other location rising temperature there.It would be a nice heat pump/fridge

Well, I got the same idea, but for one step less in water. Which uses the natural occuring autoprotolysis of water (2 H2O -> H3O+ and OH-). And this should actually just do exactly this.It would produce H2 and O2 out of water with the energy from ambient heat...
See here: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6499.0

As the reaction H2 -> 2H needs a lot of energy I would think it would be very difficult to get this reaction to happen with the help of ambient heat.
But the autoprotolysis of water needs much less energy and therefore it very likely happens with the help of ambient heat, as there are always quite some molecules fast enough to be able to ionize the water.

I think this is one major key in developing machines which violate the 2nd LOT. Take a reaction, that will need not too much energy to happen, so that due to the statistical distribution of the molecular movement, there will always be enough energy due to ambient heat to get this reaction to happen not too seldom. Now somehow prevent this reaction to reverse immediately. This means, you actually look for a reaction which produce things which are easily seperatable (e.g. different charges, or different weights, ...).
Now you can recombine them at another place, and get the heat, which you got from the ambient back there. A profound violation of the 2nd LOT.

Another example of such a principle, apart from my autoprotolysis idea is the following:
Pure theoretically it is possible to do a 100% efficient electrolysis. According to Puharich he developed a system which is able to do this (see his Patent). If this is true, I don't know.
Pure theoretically it is also possible to convert the H2 and O2 back to H20 with 100% efficiency. Surely not with a burning device due to the carnot rule, but theoretically it is possible to develop a Hydrogen Fuel cell with 100% efficiency.
Now you can convert H20 to H2 and O2 as you like. Up till now, no violation of any conventional rules.
But here comes the keypoint. H2 and O2 are much less dense than H2O. Which means, you can get work out of them due to the different densities.
E.g. put two electrolyzer plates deep in the ocean. Now electrolyze the water there. O2 and H2 will be built. But they are lighter than water and will therefore rise. This rising force you can now use to turn a generator (like the opposite of a water mill). As soon as the H2 and O2 reach the surface you can again convert them to H20 and pour it into the sea.
The generated electricity from recombining the H2 and O2 to H2O you again send by cables back to the electrolyzer plates...
Voilà, you now have a OU System, which violates the 2nd LOT, actually without violating any other conventional physics rule...
I could give you a lot of these examples, of such processes which actually should violate the 2nd LOT.
E.g. you could also just put the system above upside down. E.g. produce H2 and O2 at the earth surface. Recombine them back at the top of a mountain, and let the water which is flowing down do some work for ya...
Unfortunately all these systems, which work on this principle I imagined are very very inefficient. Which means, the energy you get is so small, that a practical realization doesn't make sense...