Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Batteries in your fridge

Started by jadaro2600, January 07, 2009, 09:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelinho

Hi,

Pile alcaline is french for alkaline battery.

Take care,

Michel

Bulbz

I'm not sure if this is bullshit or not, but I was once told that charging a NiCad while keeping it cold, is supposed to help it charge better. He then said that the battery will perform better at normal temperatures.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

hoptoad

Quote from: Bulbz on January 08, 2009, 03:49:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is bullshit or not, but I was once told that charging a NiCad while keeping it cold, is supposed to help it charge better. He then said that the battery will perform better at normal temperatures.

No it's not bullshit. In fact, it is true of all chemical batteries. It is a widely known, and well established principle, that a cold battery accepts (gains) electron charge more readily than a warm battery. The reverse principle is also true: a warm battery delivers (loses) electron charge more readily than a cold battery.

Anybody who lives in a cool climate, and has owned a car long enough for the battery to start losing it's capacity, will likely to have experienced this principle first hand. That common problem of not being able to start the car first thing in the cold morning, and then "magically", a couple of hours and rising temperature degrees later,....Walaaaah! - it starts!

Cheers

Bulbz

Quote from: hoptoad on January 08, 2009, 04:18:16 AM
No it's not bullshit. In fact, it is true of all chemical batteries. It is a widely known, and well established principle, that a cold battery accepts (gains) electron charge more readily than a warm battery. The reverse principle is also true: a warm battery delivers (loses) electron charge more readily than a cold battery.

Anybody who lives in a cool climate, and has owned a car long enough for the battery to start losing it's capacity, will likely to have experienced this principle first hand. That common problem of not being able to start the car first thing in the cold morning, and then "magically", a couple of hours and rising temperature degrees later,....Walaaaah! - it starts!

Cheers

Thanks for varifying that Bud  8)
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

jadaro2600

A french battery?

I also found it's bigger brother, a 1.25 volt D cell NiCd - I was wondering what type of current had to flow through one to recharge it?

Bossman, it says on it.

Does someone have a link to the charging characteristics of the modern rechargeable batteries?

Additionally,  I find it odd that, after browsing, that no one uses those C-cell sized rechargeable batteries from the RC car electric motor industry ( and everyone seems to have an oscilloscope and a function generator :P )