Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Induction motors and capacitors lowers amps "consumption"

Started by Kyoat, January 19, 2009, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nueview

i must admit kyoate is much better at keeping data than i am and he usually does the pictures in our group but he is away working right now so the project is kind of on hold except for gathering batteries and looking up some good inverters and gen sets years ago the inverters weren't as efficient nor were the generaters they didn't have NIB 42 magnets but the evidence was there that this looping could be accomplished 200watts for the motor and 300 out for the inverter to run it so 1000watts should leave 500watts for excess the more the motor can be geared down to a lower speed the more torque will be gained with the new wind tech for windmills we are seeing 100 and 400 rpm alternators that have very little coging this is abig pluss the main point is to reduce the inverter loads i believe this will help by caping the motors to reduce ampere draw from the inverter prolonging battery life a priority switch for large loads would also prolong battery life and 24 hour a day charging would greatly enhance battery life never heard of a car that runs all the time having a bad battery even in real cold weather.
with solar and wind a system should be able to be very sustainable without a fuel genset this is our goal so we chose a 1 horse motor to start with because most inverters of 4000watts can handle these motors also i believe that starting additional motors will be easier on the inverter if another motor is in the background as there should be some power shareing on the heavy draw of startup it would not be possible for me to explain this here.
but that is why we did the units we started with.

Anothertruthfinder

ok thanks again nueview  ;) so you think its better using a wind turbine gen cause of lower rpm per output? - never thought of that hehe - need to get saving for a decent inverter too - i dont suppose you would have a link where to get them from? (im uk)
i was thinking about using a 1/4hp motor to start with then prove concept then work up - that way i could start with a smaller inverter too

i have a 40 watt solar array above my front door that im sure could help in this system - its currently used as a free multi charging point for all the mobiles/mp3's/aa/aaa's etc. in the house but it would be good to use a bit more of that power available

keep going all - eel

nueview

i have been working on this idea since about 1980 so please keep that in mind as i write this to you the system you have described is all about loss reduction so it means you need to be very specific about what you choose to do at 1/4 hp i think you will have trouble finding a suitable gen set a series of small stepper motors may work providing you have a 3600 rpm motor and gear down so you gain power in the exchange also do not use v belt system drive as it has to great a loss cog drive belts are much better as they have less frictional losses perhaps i should say less loss.
the inverter will need to be of a pure sine wave type No modified sine wave inverters they dont work when the motor is capped and it will need to be about 500 watt rated to do the job as possibly 300 watt but think this is cutting it a bit close due to initial start up draw will be high .
be sure to add a flywheel to the system as it helps keep momentum for the system and is well worth the start up draw for the power it puts back into the system later as the gen set surges and settles into a rythum mine is a little big right now so will have to make some mod to it.
be sure to ground your charging system this will be important negative to ground. as your system will need to breath .

wish you the best of luck hope this helps you.

nueview

as i really want to be of some help to you here with this project i want to say i miss the UK point at first you will be using 50 or 60 cycle power if 50 you may need more or less caps i think it goes up as cycles go down more time in the system and probably more volts as well we use 120 volt 60 cycle this gives us 22uf for 1 amp power if you have a clamp on current meter it will really help but there are also calculaters that can figure this out as well 50 cycle is a big drop and i am not sure about this i only say this because i would like my system to be higher than 60 cycles as speed would go up but then would need a second inverter for the other loads to the system as i have only some education in electronics any engineers help or input would be appreciated here even the odd thought. i'm open.
send me some more details and will try to work it out for you.

Martin

Kyoat

Hi everyone,
    I'm away on a remote job about 500 miles from my home, so therefore not able to work on any of my research ideas except a little dreaming, sketching, drawing, etc. etc. for quit a while.... probably not until September or later.

Any way I thought I'd post this thought/idea that I had that popped into my head so that any of you out there that might be following might expand upon the idea and give me some feed back.

Here goes:

Facts:
        Capacitors "love" induction motors, lowering the amp/watts used to power them while "increasing" the overall torque of the motor.
        Capacitors "Hate" a resistive load and does nothing that I know of to help lower amp/watt consumption.

My thought:
        So how could one get the advantage with resistive loads as he does with Induction loads?

My plan:
        Take a 15 hp single phase Induction motor and install capacitance to reach the "sweet spot" which should be about an 80% reduction in amps in.   
        we will call this our C-motor.

Then connect this motor to an industrial "quality" generator of lets say 10Kw.  We will call this our Gen.

If, when the C-motor under the full load of the Gen only draws 20% of the power that it normally does without capacitance
        while the Gen puts out under variable loads up to 10Kw.  Then I would have to say this would be a huge advantage.  Even if your reduction
        in "consumption amps/watts" was only 50% you  would cut your electric bill in half!

The neat thing about this idea is this: In this way you are also reducing your bill as far as resistive loads go as well!
One could further reduce the "load" upon the Gen by placing capacitance on all induction motors down line from the Gen. (fans, pumps, etc.)

Now I'm not going to be able to test this idea out because of my job location.  But if anyone does expand upon this idea please let me know.
Because I do believe it would work.

Kyoat
Remember, Wilbur and Orivil Wright, against all odds demonstrated to the world that with a little tinkering and alot of thought, that man could fly.  All the while all the "educated men of the world" said man would never leave the ground.  97% of their calculations are still used today.  Not bad for two bycycle repairmen. 3% error!