Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Induction motors and capacitors lowers amps "consumption"

Started by Kyoat, January 19, 2009, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nueview

information for all interested the emerson windings read .8 ohms per coil  and the delta reads 2 ohms for the run windings.
hope this helps everyone.

good luck with your projects.
nueview

spinner

Quote from: Kyoat on February 02, 2009, 06:22:02 PM
I thought these results were both fascinating as well as what I would consider to be unexpected results.
The following test results were conducted on an Emerson 1hp, 1ph, 60hz motor.
We were tyring to find the "sweet spot" for capacitance across the primary coils for the lowest VAR watts "consumption"
We were using a KILL A WATT model P3 meter.
Capacitance:    Amps:        Apparent watts:        VAR watts:           Power Factor:         reduction %       
     NONE          9.63                203                      1146                      .18                     00.00
  Kyoat

Well...  just check out your "Kill a Watt" meter....
I've never seen a motor with a PF of just 0,18.... ??? My worst was a PF 0,52.....
But..., I never saw Aliens, either....

That must be a World record..? I mean, for a serial (market) device ()...? PF=0,18???
How screwed up devices there really are???...
"Ex nihilo nihil"

Kyoat

Quote from: spinner on February 04, 2009, 06:55:39 AM
Well...  just check out your "Kill a Watt" meter....
I've never seen a motor with a PF of just 0,18.... ??? My worst was a PF 0,52.....
But..., I never saw Aliens, either....

That must be a World record..? I mean, for a serial (market) device ()...? PF=0,18???
How screwed up devices there really are???...

2-3-09
I wouldn't know about a "world record", we have two (2) of these Kill-a-watt meters, one is brand new.  I will double check this reading the next time we run tests, comparing the readings of both meters.  It's entirely possible that one of them is malfunctioning, though I doubt it.  When we take these readings, we always allow a few seconds for the numbers to settledown and stabilize first.  You say you have never found one below .52 huh?  That is definitely strange, I have two (2) that do.  I just checked my notes for both motors, and the Delta motor was as follows:

Caps:       Amps:        Apparent watts:     VAR-watts:        Power Factor

NONE        7.32               178                     877                     .19 <----------

150uf        1.66                169                    203                      .85
.151uf        1.65                171                    201                      .84
  152uf        1.64                168                    196                      .84
.153uf        1.65                170                    198                      .85

One would think, that if the meter is malfunctioning, that it would also do it with capacitance as well, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the feed back.  Kyoat
  ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2-4-09 Follow up on question of PF readings:

We tested 4 different motors today with one meter that is about 3 years old, against one just purchased last month, and here is the results:

Amps:         Apparent watts:        VAR-watts         Power factor:

Emerson motor: Old meter:        9.63                 202                         1148                  .18
                        New meter:       9.61                 203                         1141                  .18

Century motor:  Old meter:         7.52                192                            906                  .21
                       New meter:        7.50                189                            904                  .20

Delta motor:      Old meter:         7.30                173                            878                 .19
                       New meter:        7.26                 169                           868                  .19

G.E. motor:       Old meter:        5.21                 135                           627                  .23
                        New meter:       5.18                 145                           623                  .23

Sooooo, I don't know what to say except that maybe YOU might have a malfunctioning meter.  Anything is possible.... even Aliens!
Or is it possible that your power provider is not using the "same" power factor calculation as ours?  My guess is that "they" all use the exact same formula to screw us all the exact same amount, (as much as they can).  Kyoat

Remember, Wilbur and Orivil Wright, against all odds demonstrated to the world that with a little tinkering and alot of thought, that man could fly.  All the while all the "educated men of the world" said man would never leave the ground.  97% of their calculations are still used today.  Not bad for two bycycle repairmen. 3% error!

Kyoat

;D

Well we just got word that our Inverter will be shipped Monday the 9th.  We will post our results ASAP  Kyoat
Remember, Wilbur and Orivil Wright, against all odds demonstrated to the world that with a little tinkering and alot of thought, that man could fly.  All the while all the "educated men of the world" said man would never leave the ground.  97% of their calculations are still used today.  Not bad for two bycycle repairmen. 3% error!

hoptoad

Quote from: Kyoat on February 09, 2009, 02:28:16 AM
;D

Well we just got word that our Inverter will be shipped Monday the 9th.  We will post our results ASAP  Kyoat

Good luck ... am looking forward to your data

Cheers