Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless rotation using radially (update: axially works too) magnetized PM.

Started by broli, February 02, 2009, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizkycho

Hi broli !

I don't see the way this works cause
wire to be able to rotate needs to encounter some net mag. field change in ammount or polarity ...
Field of current in inductor will allso come out as uniform mag. field.
Force here can't be developed as rotational but force towards or away from magnets.

adding or canceling magnetic field lines allso does not help cause there is again no net change in ammount or polarity of field along the rotators path
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/shpmm1.htm ...not working as such...but good idea anyhow.

except maybe Searl S-Vector but isn't that High Voltage electrostatic vector...

can you please explain further

Wiz

broli

If I misunderstand you please correct me. You're saying, there has to be a changing magnetic flux in order for the wire to move? If that's what you're saying then I do not fully agree. It uses the lorentz force law which you can simply check with your right hand. If this doesn't work then a dc motor doesn't work either, but since a dc motor works this should work as well  ;D.

Btw the link with Stefan's idea is a bit non related I believe.

And I would be glad to explain further if needed.

PS: the very first design was a blunder, as far as I know it shall never work. But the interesting thing was even though it was not correct I assumed it to be working and thus made the next designs that don't have the flaw that the first one had. Had I noticed the flaw early on, I think I wouldn't have kept going on this very interesting quest. The universe works in interesting ways  :).

wizkycho

Quote from: broli on February 19, 2009, 05:39:02 PM
If I misunderstand you please correct me. You're saying, there has to be a changing magnetic flux in order for the wire to move? If that's what you're saying then I do not fully agree. It uses the lorentz force law which you can simply check with your right hand. If this doesn't work then a dc motor doesn't work either, but since a dc motor works this should work as well  ;D.

Btw the link with Stefan's idea is a bit non related I believe.

And I would be glad to explain further if needed.

PS: the very first design was a blunder, as far as I know it shall never work. But the interesting thing was even though it was not correct I assumed it to be working and thus made the next designs that don't have the flaw that the first one had. Had I noticed the flaw early on, I think I wouldn't have kept going on this very interesting quest. The universe works in interesting ways  :).

changing mag field in ammount and/or polarity... the same way todays DC motor works, pulsed ones or with commutator that is actually making pulsed AC from straight DC.
... or there are some other DC motors I haven't heard of...what type of dc motor do you have in mind ?
but slightly I see what you mean with lorentz...

although I think you will create cancelation and/or adding of mag. field lines and certanly change in mag.field but this change goes
with the rotor wire
so wherever rotor goes change goes with it
so really there is no actaull change for rotor in two different places
so there is no "need" for rotor to go from one place to another (unless stator field is changed and here it is not
...this is why Stefan's idea didn't work although it creates change in field lines that change is in every place same
rotor in todays motors rotates either through stator changing field or stator and rotor both changing fields , but never only just rotor changing in homogen stator field.
Perm. magnet in DC motor in stator is N-S-N-S as changing coil of rotor passes it so it can be said that stator is making change according to rotor position
althought is stator and permeable.

sorry of explanation how todays motors works...

You ment homopolar faraday type motor that works by lorentz force only ?..what would be the properties of such motors are they near OU ?.(I think geneartors can be)
are they industrially produced somewhere (motors) ?

Wiz

broli

Yes this motor rests on the fundamental properties of Faraday's homopolar motor. Btw you do not need a change in anything to have a force. This is simply the Lorentz force, which says a moving charge (in our case the current through the wire) inside of a STATIC magnetic field will have a force acting on it according to the right hand rule. Now using newtons third law we know there's a reaction force that acts on the MASS causing the magnetic field. We use this property to let the magnet rotate instead of the wire. BUT experiments have shown when a magnet rotates around its magnetic axis the actual magnetic field is not changing. So it will keep on accelerating linearly due to the net torque without any backdrag,lenz,counter torque... I hope you understand this.

BEP

Quote from: broli on February 20, 2009, 05:36:50 AM
Now using newtons third law we know there's a reaction force that acts on the MASS causing the magnetic field.

@broli

The above is understandable and expected. This works well when magnetic forces consist of pole against pole configuration.

I'm wondering if your design will be similar to the old watthour meter used by utilities.

BTW:

I hope you understand that magnetic fields do not rotate around their polar axis, even if you spin the magnet around it's axis. At least this is my explanation of what I have seen on the bench. With that same idea you will find no net change in polarity or density of the magnetic to cause induction.
So, it also follows that Newtons third law should not work for you, as you expect.

You are a good experimenter. Hopefully you will come up with a better explanation than I.