Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla Patent 382282, and all related to his transformers/converters

Started by clone477, February 07, 2009, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clone477

Guys forgive me this is already known, or another area on the forum that discusses this, but I couldnt find any.

I been reading though these converter patents Tesla uses alot of.  There are the ring shaped transformers or converters as he calls them.  They are always made a thin insulated laminations, in the shape of a ring.  He wraps four primary coils on them, the 1st two wired in series, and the other two wired in series, then driven with a sine wave to cause a rotating magnetic field within the rind.  Same princible as his AC induction motor.

Then I got thinking, is this not a alternator similar to what we use in cars today to generate power for our charging system??  Except without any moving part, no physical spinning magnet/electromagnet mounted on a armature??  And also no armature to resist rotation when more power is drawn from the generator??  LENZLESS so to speak??

So instead of passing a magnet attached to a armature past coils of wires in the stator(as in all standard alternators/generator), Tesla simple causing a changing magnetic field within a laminated ring.  This induces current into the secondary just like a alternator would due, BUT WITHOUT THE LENZ EFFECT, because there is nothing physically rotating to be resisted.
Am I missing something, or is it this simple????

Fern

Room3327

Clone477,
     Yes it is this simple, I tried to explain it in the 'Towards Realizing the TPU' thread starting on Page 6 to about page 10, then it went off into never never land.  It is an induction motor/gen with no moving parts!

clone477

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was a pretty simple concept Tesla had.  But what I
cant seem to figure out is what is the difference between a standard transformer and Tesla's converter??  Just that Tesla's would be a Resonance Converter??

Room3327

Tesla says that the transformer action should be minimized as much as possible, and I think there are ways to do that, and that the rotational aspects should try and be maximized, then the output becomes dependent on the rotational speed and less on transformer action.  The input to it then becomes the power required to energize the stator fields like energizing a car alternators rotor.  If as you say there is no Lenz forces or CEMF it should be quite efficient at producing electricity.  And nowdays with modern electronics it can have rotational speeds very high, 100 KHz equals 6,000,000 RPM.  Speeds unattainable by mechanical systems.  I think it is something worth pursuing.

Room3327

To put it another way is, the difference between a regular transformer and Tesla's converter is that in Tesla's converter the primary winding is wound as a two phase induction motor stator, in a circular way.  When fed with two AC sine waves 90 degrees out of phase the primary wired as two pairs, each pair fed by one phase,  The magnetic field, or more correctly two points of high magnetic intensity rotate about the core.  Regular transformers do not have a rotating component!  This can also be implemented in a three phase system just as easily. And for sceptics out there if there is nothing rotating in this thing then no induction motor on earth can work as it uses the same idea.  For Tesla I think this was just an extension of his work with rotating fields into a device with no moving parts.  If he had modern electronics available to him he would not have needed the exciter/generator.