Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Knitel's InfinityPump

Started by wizkycho, February 16, 2009, 07:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaelin

In the beginning I did see a good lot of merit to the design. With out the proper things to do
any tests with, I cannot decide if it would work as drawn or not. The slider would have to be a
seal to the sides with multiple vents to let out the water from above to below it. It would also have
to be boyant so as to want to rise to the top of the tank when thoes valves were opened.
   Then it would also have to be strong enough to lift up the water on the side pipe to refill the
upper area. This would require a sealed environment at the top. The water being let out at the
bottom would by fluid vacuum drag it along as it was let out. That would in turn bring water in at
the top. The key factor will be the seal and how much drag it poses over all. I would think that some
kind of seal that would be naturally lubricated could be found to fill that need.
   So many things could make or break this. Overall, I like the design at the first. Main top tank a
sealed environment which drains to an open catch basin at the bottom to be drawn up by the side
pipe. Darn sure wish I could draw out what is in my head. Oh well.

thaelin

Now I will see how long before Hans shoots me full of holes.   Just kidding Hans, have a beer on me.

hansvonlieven

I am not going to shoot you full of holes Thaelin,

I agree that on first inspection it looks quite feasible, until you get to the bit where he has to vent the top cavity. This he cannot do. The only reason air can enter at the bottom is that the internal pressure is less than atmospheric pressure,

The very same thing is preventing him from getting rid of excess air at the top.

Sorry fellows but that is a fatal flaw. The thing cannot work.

Hans von Lieven

BTW. I have a beer in front of me now. Cheers!
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Pirate88179

@ Hans:

Cheers! I am drinking a toast to you.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Thaelin

Ah the holes was a good laugh only. I did however decide on what I think is a good test to
see if the theory will hold water.  ;D   I will try it out in the next few days to see.

thaelin

Onevoice

Ah, pressure differential at the top. I hadn't thought of that. That could be a problem. or it might not. If the air pressure is lower at the top than in the piston, would that make the piston more buoyant or less buoyant? If it makes it more then the design should still be in good shape. If not, there still might be a solution. The Idea I had was that excess air is pushed out of the top by the displacement of the piston when it breaks surface so even if it doesn't rise as much, so long as it can still raise the pressure and\or open the valve at the top before the valve in the piston opens, then it might still complete a cycle. I have a half dozen experiments I want to do to validate various parts of this.

My biggest concern is that it will cycle, but it will lose a little every time until it stops. I think theres going to need to be a secondary pumping system somewhere driven by the piston's rise that replenishes the level at the top. Another issue is how to keep the piston stationary at the top and bottom long enough for the air and water exchange to complete.

Thaelin can you suggest any good sources for parts? I was pricing an 8" plexiglass tube at eplastics and they want more than $300 USD for it.
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk