Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 31, 2009, 05:39:54 PM
I understand everything what you just said. So who is missing the puzzle pieces? There's two things you have to distinguish. Voltage and current. The voltage that gets generated is due to the rotating plate. But voltage alone is nothing. So if we close this up by a circuit that is, a stationary wire brushing this disc we have a current flow. THEN AND ONLY THEN you start applying all your laws and what not. For instance you see there's a current on the plate so there's a force but there's a reaction force on the magnet as well due to this force. But since they are glued together this plate/magnet system nullifies and we forget about it! So next we see what else near the magnet has current and we discover the wire that's brushing along has a current and thus we calculate its force and again this will have a counter force on the magnet thus indeed things will rotate clockwise and counter clockwise depending on the force/reaction force.

Do you understand now?
I have understood practice and theory regarding ampére, voltaget, watt, whatever, for a few decades, but I thought you was not going to use brushes.
So a new question arise: Have you taken into account that the single wire that represent the brush is the only wire where EMF is generating in? The coils you are attaching the magnet will not do any good, just increasing resistance. So you're probably back to square one minus additional losses. The coils itself will probably not increase voltage (If the goal is to increase voltage and reduce current). I'm not claiming anything, just think on it for a moment.

I'm going to bed now. It's late. We'll talk more shit tomorrow :-X

Vidar

gravityblock

Quote from: Low-Q on March 31, 2009, 05:25:41 PM
Some additional information (not taken from thin air - this isn't rocket science): If you are looking at a homopolar motor, the wire from the power supply is sliding along a conductive plate that exists in a magnetic field. This conductive plate itself does not generate energy as it spins together with the magnet - if you use it as a generator. This conductive plate is helpful to complete a conductive circuit, so the flux crossing the sliding wire are able to generate voltage and ampére. As a motor it is the wire which slides along the magnet that is pusning the magnet around, not the conductive plate attached on the magnet. Look at the wire when you touch the outer edge of a conductive magnet. The wire want to go in the opposite direction as force equals counterforce.

Vidar

According to this, the only thing that would determine output would be the strength of the magnets and the speed of the disc (conductive plate).  The size of the disc wouldn't mean anything in terms of output, since it's purpose is to complete a circuit.

With broli's design, the coil (conductive circuit) can have many turns of wire, which would increase the voltage and current (output) with the same amount of energy put in as compared to a conventional HPG because there is no or very little BEMF.

In the design we are working on the toroid (number of turns of wire), strength of magnets, and speed is relevant to the output.......so, don't dismiss this only because it's not relevant in the conventional HPG.

We can get more voltage and current with this design for free and the conventional HPG isn't able to do this, as you stated.  This is the difference between the two.

The conventional HPG is a proof of concept that this will work.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

broli

Quote from: Low-Q on March 31, 2009, 05:55:07 PM
I have understood practice and theory regarding ampére, voltaget, watt, whatever, for a few decades, but I thought you was not going to use brushes.
So a new question arise: Have you taken into account that the single wire that represent the brush is the only wire where EMF is generating in? The coils you are attaching the magnet will not do any good, just increasing resistance. So you're probably back to square one minus additional losses. The coils itself will probably not increase voltage (If the goal is to increase voltage and reduce current). I'm not claiming anything, just think on it for a moment.

I'm going to bed now. It's late. We'll talk more shit tomorrow :-X

Vidar

Vidar NO NO NO and NOOOOOOOOOO. You do this on purpose and I'm getting really tired of it. Everything I say you switch over without any reason wtf man. Are you paid to do this?

jadaro2600

Broli, I'm still not sure where you stand on the hpg issue..

What causes the motion of the hpg rotor is the path of the current across the magnetic field - which just happens to me moving across a conductor - which just happens to be symmetrical about an axis... the entire effect is coincidental of design.

..this is without regard to the 'corrected' image you posted of the vectors - both what you claim is wrong, and what you claim is right are the same thing vector - if not, then post a clearer image of what you mean.

gravityblock

Jadaro, the coating of the magnet causes no torque because this coating is attached to the magnet which wants to rotate in the other direction so they cancel out. The cause of rotation is the stationary wire outside.

I know your post was to broli, but I'm not sure how he could post a clearer image of this.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.