Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Below is a pic of a toroidal motor that I designed. I'm not even sure if this is even half baked. LOL

Here are the advantages I see with this motor:

1) The magnets do not rotate around the coil in the traditional way and the coil doesn't rotate around the magnets, which eliminates the polarity or direction of the current from always switching.

2) With the right arrangements of magnets on the top and bottom, this may reduce Lenz's law or even eliminate it. I have a few ideas on this, but haven't been able to fully think those ideas through until I know what this motor could do.

3) If this doesn't provide overunity, then it may provide for a more efficient motor and generator.

The disadvantages with this motor:

1) Not even sure if it will produce a current or emf (LOL), and I apologize for wasting the time it took you to read this.

Please let me know if it could be a thumbs up or a thumbs down and your reason. Thanks

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

jadaro2600

Looks interesting, would be easier to test if it weren't around the rim of the toroid, but on either side of it ..like a U shape.

You'll probably have to have intermittent winds, and for goodness sakes, make it symmetrical,otherwise you're just going to make a giant vibrator.

You're most likely hoping for something without a commutator... a constant flux device or something of that nature.  I've always wondered if the path would somehow follow the flux, but it tends to want to be perpendicular.

broli

This principle and your reasoning is quite similar to something I'm working on right now. Yes it's sounds a bit cliché on this forum  ;D. But your rotating part is a bit vague. I'll try and improve it, if this is not what I think it is then the improvement can be ignored. Will post it when finished drawing.

Edit: Finished drawing it and attached. Btw the design can also have both magnets rotating which I didn't indicate. The problem with this is finding radial magnetized ring magnets, as they seem to be rare.

gravityblock

Quote from: jadaro2600 on February 17, 2009, 04:29:10 PM
Looks interesting, would be easier to test if it weren't around the rim of the toroid, but on either side of it ..like a U shape.

I agree with you on the U shape.

You'll probably have to have intermittent winds, and for goodness sakes, make it symmetrical,otherwise you're just going to make a giant vibrator.

I had my wife draw the pic because I can't draw (You should see some of her chalk drawings, they are awesome). I didn't have her make it symmetrical because that was more work for her and she's upset with me because my sleeping schedule is messed up (Just trying to get some input on the feasibility of this design). You're probably right about the winds being intermittent.

You're most likely hoping for something without a commutator... a constant flux device or something of that nature.  I've always wondered if the path would somehow follow the flux, but it tends to want to be perpendicular.

You're right for not needing a commutator since the polarity is not switching. I also wonder about the path following the flux and I almost didn't post this for that reason alone since I haven't seen any other motors like this. I think it would follow the path without the opposition of the changing flux because if you drop a round magnet through a metal tube it will take longer to fall through the tube. The opposition of the changing flux should be outside of the magnets because it's not perpendicular, thus getting around Lenz's law. It's more than likely you can't have one without the other and if this is the case then you need to use the other in a productive way and not being counter productive.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

@broli: 

I've seen your thread before I posted this and realized the ideas are similar but different in approach. It's good to see someone thinking along the same lines as me.

I'll be honest with you, I understand the concept of emf, cemf, magnetism, lenz's law, etc but I get lost when it comes to motors and generators because of all the different frames of references.

Thanks for the pic, it looks better than mine.