Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnet motor using repeling magnets (or radial magnets if availbale).

Started by broli, March 12, 2009, 03:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 13, 2009, 06:38:33 PM
What? Sorry but you need to study mechanics a bit more. This is pretty basic stuff. This design is so simple and clear that there is not a single reason why it wouldn't work. I'm not looking for discussion about the concept as I'm pretty convinced that anyone with basic mechanic and electricity knowledge would say it would rotate, I'm looking for someone who can make a build out of it as I can't even tie my shoe lasses at the moment.
No, we don't need to discuss it. The rotormagnet will not change position in proportion to the statormagnet. The torque affecting the rotormagnet will only affect that magnet, and you have to look at where the center of thet torque is present. That is in the very middle of the rotormagnet. So the statormagnet wants to rotate around this center too. It is the magnetism from the statormagnets that is making torque in the rotormagnet. The rotormagnet want to flip around in a much steeper curve than the curve it is mechanicly limited to. You prevent mechanicly the magnet to flip around, so it will therefor never affect the torque in the totor at all. So it will not work.

This is very easy to replicate in practice, so I did. I let the statormagnet be the rotating one, and I kept the rotormagnet in my hand. That shouldn't make any difference. If you are right, the statormagnet would now start to spin. I can feel the force in the magnet I'm holding in, but it only wants to flip around its own axis, and nothing happens with the rotormagnet.

So the conclution is: No discussions - it will not work :)

br.

Vidar

Oyashiro

Quote from: broli on March 13, 2009, 02:47:28 PM
I realized you don't really need the outer ring, this is just to strengthen the field which will result in more torque. So the field of two cylindrical magnets repelling each other should prove the point. Attached is what it comes down to.

Sorry, but I kind of got lost... Getting back to the original idea, shouldn't the rotomagnets be inside the ringmagnets? Also, the ringmagnets should be facing each other with different poles (they are south-south and they should be north-south or vice-versa). Shouldn't one of the ringmagnets be flipped?

Low-Q, did you also try this kind of configuration? What were the conclusions?
(If this does not work I have some other configuration that might, but I am unable to test them...)

Oyashiro-sama

broli

The configuration is correct. If the main magnets are attracting it should not work. This is based from experiments done with electromagnets that is why I assumed a permanent magnet should give the same result. And yes it can be in between it.