Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A question about per.magnets and lead

Started by giolvasrulez, March 10, 2009, 09:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giolvasrulez

Does anybody know what will happen if you place a relatively thick lead plate on the poles of a permament magnet?

Low-Q

Quote from: giolvasrulez on March 10, 2009, 09:59:25 AM
Does anybody know what will happen if you place a relatively thick lead plate on the poles of a permament magnet?
Nothing whatsoever. Lead can shield radioactive radiation, but magnetic fields goes through everything. You can however guide magnetism in alternative paths without altering the total magnetic field in streingth, by using magnetic materials such as iron and other magnets. Some materials repels from magnetism also. Bismuth and carbonfiber are a few of such materials.

br

Vidar

giolvasrulez

I am asking because I have read a theory that closely relates cosmic radiation to magnetism. And it also states that if you block a magnet with lead the magnet looses its strength (not entirely but in a large percent), because lead blocks cosmic radiation.
Is there a chance that anything like that is true?

giolvasrulez

Let me put it this way:

Does the newly found physical property of permeability has anything to do with cosmic rays (hard component) shielding?

0c

1) Lead is slightly diamagnetic, so will tend to repel a magnet just a tiny bit.

2) Permeability is not something new unless you think hundreds of years old is new. As far as I know, gamma rays are not dipolar like magnets, more like super high-frequency light waves traveling in a straight line.