Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Stator and Rotor how to make help needed!

Started by infringer, April 05, 2009, 10:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clflyguy

Alright,
  Now we are getting somewhere. That big open area is just screaming to me for a hawt not a vawt, vawts are for marginal areas
that have a lot of turbulence... It sounds like you have a really good site and the chemical barrels really do sound kind of scary,
even if they are free. I have had acid burns and caustic burns and neither is any fun, you betcha....
  I suggested brake rotors before because they can be used with an inexspensive trailer hub for a hawt or a vawt, and used ones
are usually free at a garage or brake shop. They are already the right size for a 12 or 24v turbine.
  More to come in a few min., I have to go look at something for you...

http://www.tlgwindpower.com/rotors/trinadoelite.htm   -If you aren't in the mood to carve wood blades, these 7 foot alum. blades are only $269.00 and will give you many years of service without the problems associated with the Chineese fiberglass blades.
  If you have the patience and time, then wood blades are the cheapest answer at about $20.00 and lots of elbow grease.. You can
use the the money you saved on blades to buy some pipe for your tower or wire, inverter etc..

P.S. buy more magnets, you'll need 24 of them.

infringer

I rent currently but my landlords are how do you say very approving of anything...

I really do not want to have this super tall mast to take down if I happen to move I want something a little more ground level...

This may sound foolish to you but yesterday I did a test with some computer fans I find that they put out some decent current for there size...

Now if someone were to design a VWAT that would hold hundreds of these little fans to form each blade not only could the power be aquired from the turbine itself but each blade would put out power as well as the machine as a whole I know sounds a little like an impossible dream but I had to share the idea... (I will not be doing this it was only a test with an 80mm case fan.)

The design will be VWAT I am stuck with that so as far as blade carving that is far from an issue.

So I guess my build I want to keep simple yet with good output and at a cheap price budget wind turbine with the output and durability of a good VWAT that would normally cost me more ...

Lets stick with VWAT if it is break rotors I need then break rotors I will get with a trailer hub I would like to find some large ones though hopefully this is possible...

I would like the bearings to move quite smooth though I want to reduce friction and have power production at say a 7mph wind if possible.

Elbow grease is not a problem at all I know stuff just don't come served on a platter you have to work for it.
There is a barrel rolling design that I wouldn't mind building as well but the problem with that design is that it only catches wind in 2 directions so that lessens the output of the machine ... but in my case I would try that before an hwat...

I don't want hwat simply because of the tower erection I wanna stay away from this completely I was going to take that route and tie it to the house but research has indicated a better route for me to take in my position so I will stand with VWAT.
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

Michelinho

Hi Infringer,

Here is a way to improve the power of a barrel type Savonius, a pain to do but it could work. Make plenty of vertical rectangular holes, let's say 4" wide by 12" long, install rubber flaps to the inside curve so when it gets the negative pressure that lower torque, the flaps open to let air out and close when it is in the positive air pressure side, it could also be small hinges on the cutout pieces with limited travel.

Take care,

Michel

infringer

hehe that is a page out of my swastika looking turbine I assume I will run into some issues with the rubber flying off or jerking on the rotor lessening the shelf life of my system...

Or so it is said I like the barrel design because its shape alone minimizes back pressure or negative forces simply by aerodynamics.

I dont need sophisticated setup I suppose one that works is important if I have to go 3 barrels high to make it worth my while I will!

But I do not want a big tower cemented in the ground that I can not take with me...

Keepin it simple you know...

Take care man and the idea was superb I may try it out in a future build!

-infringer-
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

Michelinho

Re Infringer,

You could use truck mud flaps and use the thinner part and minimize the number of holes with larger ones. Companies throw away partialy broken ones and you could get them for free. If you know a trucker, the better. The Savonius offers great torque but it is only about 13% efficient, it could raise to 25% easy with one or two holes.

Take care,

Michel