Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

interesting find

Started by mr_bojangles, April 16, 2009, 12:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_bojangles

http://www.t0.or.at/tesla/tesfreee.htm

found this randomly^

never seen/heard it before

any ideas?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

mr_bojangles

"From the electric Potential that exists between the elevated plate (plus) and the ground (minus), energy builds in the capacitor, and, after "a suitable time interval," the accumulated energy will "manifest itself in a powerful discharge" which can do work. The capacitor, says Tesla, should be "of considerable electrostatic capacity," and its dielectric made of "the best quality mica,' for it has to withstand potentials that could rupture a weaker dielectrictric.
Tesla gives various options for the switching device. One is a rotary switch that resembles a Tesia circuit controller. Another is an electrostatic device consisting of two very light, membranous conductors suspended in a vacuum. These sense the energy build-up in the capacitor, one going positive, the other negative, and, at a certain charge level, are attracted, touch, and thus fire the capacitor. Tesla also mentions another switching device consisting of a minute air gap or weak dielectric film which breaks down suddenly when a certain potential is reached.
The above is about all the technical detail you get in the patent. Although I´ve seen a few cursory references to Tesla´s invention in my sampling of the literature of free-energy, I am not aware of any attempts to verify it experimentally."

quote from site^
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

Philip Hardcastle

Hi Mr bojangles,

The effect of a plate becoming charged is not a radical discovery.

In fact it is a known effect as the electrical potential of the planet is big from the top of the atmosphere down (ionosphere is the significant part being the ionised part caused by solar winds etc and some photon interaction)

The problem is that it is not economical. Whilst the voltages can be very high the current flow is small.

So to get a supply of just a few watts continuous requires very very large plates.

Phil

Philip Hardcastle

Also along this line is a device that can be made with some plastics that will become charged and will allow a discharge and then charge and be discharged etc. They are called electrates from memory.

You make them by warming a plastic sheet in the presence of an intense electric field thus aligning the molecules which have a polar nature.

Then when the sheet is exposed to atmosphere it attracts ionised air and causes such air to lose electrons to the positive side thus building up a charge.

I recall some ideas for having a constant rolling film passing between discharge rollers but again at best it comes to a few KW and for a lot more money than a windmill.

Phil

Philip Hardcastle

Some interesting data is:

Mr Bojangles,

I found this data from a reference

Electric field strength at sea level is 120 V/m
Lower Ionosphere is about 50 km above sea level (b-a)
Mean radius a of the earth is 6371.3 km
net earth charge is 106 C
voltage between ground and ionosphere is approx. 400 kV
mass of the earth is approx. 1025 Kg
Atmospheric current density is 3.5pA/m2
Self capacitance of earth with respect to the universe is 4pieob = 700uF
Capacitance between earth and ionosphere=4pieo/(1/a-1/b)= 0.091F
Electrical energy stored in atmosphere=0.5CV2= 7283.3MJ

As you can see for a small height you can get a thousand volts but the current is only 3.5pA/m2 so assuming you have a 10m2 plate you get 35pA and assuming it is at a good height giving 1000volts then the total power output is 35nanoWatts.

hope this helps

Phil