Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Even the toy Fluke0Scope does waveform multiplication (but not integration) on board. So you should have used it to multiply your current and voltage traces on board to give you an instantaneous power waveform in Watts, which could then be integrated by hand in the spreadsheet. If you didn't do this. but instead did even the current and voltage multiplication by hand, this is another source of probable error in your calculations. Especially if you really used the tiny number of samples you implied in your response to MileHigh.

TinselKoala

Quote from: 0c on August 02, 2009, 04:20:02 PM
Looks like you need an older version of libusb. There is a file created in older versions, named "usb.h" that doesn't seem to be created in newer versions. Instead, the newer versions create a file named "libusb.h". They are not the same!.

My SuSE system already has version 0.1.12 installed, which is newer than the 0.1.9 requirement for libk8055. So the already installed package (and "usb.h" and library) was the one on my system that was used during my build, and properly resolved everything.

The build and install I did for libusb-1.0.2 had no effect. It was stuffed in /usr/local. The compile found the required files in /usr/include and /usr/lib. Apparently there is only a certain range of versions that will work with the k8055 SW. I didn't walk through all the different releases to find where the API change occurred, but I would guess it was probably with the major revision change at 1.0.

So get yourself a pre 1.0 release of libusb, and I think you might be OK.

OK, mucho progresso. I uninstalled the later version using Synaptic package mgr, then installed libusb 0.1.12 from the tarball. K8055 lib compiled and installed without error.
I haven't figured out how to get anything working yet but at least we are past that one hurdle.
I'm sure there will be others....
again, thanks loads!

(At least we didn't have to resort to "Replace End User"...yet.)

TinselKoala

@0c:

SUCCESS!!
;D
I definitely owe you a beverage. Thanks once again. Sysadmins Rule the Earth!

Now for the python part...

0c

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 02, 2009, 08:41:44 PM
I definitely owe you a beverage. Thanks once again. Sysadmins Rule the Earth!

The official title is "Consulting Software Engineer", but I do my fair share of sysadmin stuff. And I'll take you up on that beverage, next time you decide to visit this neighborhood.  :-*

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 02, 2009, 08:41:44 PM
Now for the python part...

I'll pass on that part. I'm not that good at it and it would take too much of my time, which is in short supply at the moment.

TinselKoala

Quote from: 0c on August 02, 2009, 09:02:40 PM
The official title is "Consulting Software Engineer", but I do my fair share of sysadmin stuff. And I'll take you up on that beverage, next time you decide to visit this neighborhood.  :-*

I'll pass on that part. I'm not that good at it and it would take too much of my time, which is in short supply at the moment.

Er..., but the first part was so easy...

Now when I do "make pylib" (instructions from README.txt) I get a bunch of more errors. I have the latest python 2.6.2 and swig 1.3.36.

And what's time for, but to spend fixing computers (and their users...)

I understand, but if you have a chance...I sent you a PM with the errors. Kind of looks like sort of the same thing:
"Python.h: no such file or directory"
So maybe it's another version conflict--and all you have to do is to tell me which version I need and which I don't....
(I should be so lucky...)