Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning Free Energy devices up to 5 KW from Tariel Kapanadze

Started by Pirate88179, June 27, 2009, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppy

Quote from: Farmhand on January 29, 2014, 04:37:23 AM
Yes I see, so it does, mine doesn't, what a waste of light that is.  ;D

As a point of interest, I have stripped down a 5W, 3 LED lamp and measured power consumption running on 240V mains and it is exactly 5W according to my wattmeter. Measuring the on-load output voltage gives 10.5V. When run straight from a 10.5V DC supply, power consumption is 3.8W, a saving of 1.2W which is being dissipated in the step-down circuitry. So, Kyle's stripped down mains LED lamp running from a solar backed supply is a definite contender for an economic domestic lighting system. Its very easy to strip down the lamps and worth doing with the cheap asian imports, or with 'blown' mains LED lamps where the circuitry usually fails rather than the LED elements.

madsatbg

pepsimaxzu

dont get it? leds are connected to 4.3 volts? if yes leds lighting more but their life is thousand times worse.

Farmhand

Quote from: Hoppy on January 29, 2014, 06:34:39 AM
As a point of interest, I have stripped down a 5W, 3 LED lamp and measured power consumption running on 240V mains and it is exactly 5W according to my wattmeter. Measuring the on-load output voltage gives 10.5V. When run straight from a 10.5V DC supply, power consumption is 3.8W, a saving of 1.2W which is being dissipated in the step-down circuitry. So, Kyle's stripped down mains LED lamp running from a solar backed supply is a definite contender for an economic domestic lighting system. Its very easy to strip down the lamps and worth doing with the cheap asian imports, or with 'blown' mains LED lamps where the circuitry usually fails rather than the LED elements.

Wow you are a fast worker, impressive.  ;)

Interestingly if we take your stripped down LED power consumption of 3.8 watts x 3 lamps = 11.4 Watts.

If we take the figures of 11.8 v x 0.89 A = 10.52 Watts and divided by 3 = 3.5 watts. could be a good graft to swap out the Halogens for LED's and switch in a different shunt for the current meter to prolong observed run time of the same device, seemingly.

If we look at halogens the ones I have consume 3.2 amperes from a 12.3 volt battery = 40 Watts each x 3 = 120 Watts divided by 11.8 v = 10 A but from 11.8 volts they would consume less of course. Or even 105 / 11.8 V = 8.8 A /3 lamps = 2.95 per lamp x 11.8 = 35 Watts per lamp in the video. But they are blinding bright. Even through the sides.

Now 3 x 3.7 volt cells = only 11.1 volts but fully charged rechargeable Li Ion batteries can be between about 3.9 v and 4.2 v so 4.1 x 3 = 12.3 volts.

I guess the question is what does the supply voltage of 3 x 3.7 v (Nominal) Li Ion cells go to under the strain of 100 Watts draw or 9 Amperes output current ? We can see at the end of the video the voltage is dropping to 11.7 and the current is dropping as well during the clip.

And what does it go to under only 0.89 Amp draw ?

We could expect that if the 3 x Li Ion cells were fully charged at 4.1 volts x 3 cell = 12.3 volts when a load is connected like three of your gutted LEDs the voltage would drop some but with three x 35 - 40 Watt halogens it would drop more.

If your gutted LED's are supplied 11.8 volts would they blow or light up like the "sun" ? Anyway it seems to me the current draw of the Halogens and the LED's could be almost the same but for one decimal place, if the current shunt was changed it could look the same.

Farmhand

Quote from: pepsimaxzu on January 29, 2014, 03:16:23 PM
dont get it? leds are connected to 4.3 volts? if yes leds lighting more but their life is thousand times worse.

Most of those LED torches have a voltage converter circuit, some I have can take either one 3.7 volt battery or they can take 2 x 3.7 volt batteries in series which is up to 8.4 volts, or they can also take the three AAA batteries which is 3 x 1.5v or 4.5 volts for non rechargeable batts, or 3 x 1.4 v to 1.2 v =  4.2 to 3.6 volts respectively for rechargeable AAA batts. It depends on the torch. Some cannot take 8 volts some can. Some have voltage converters some don't. Maybe constant current supply circuit or something, not sure.

There is a video of a guy that takes the circuitry out of a Ultrafire 501b torch and the brightness increased, so the circuit was restricting the power supplied by the battery.

Without knowing the circuit it's impossible to say. Brightness does not always equate to power. For instance with my torches they can turn on and off at 10 Hz at the same brightness as full brightness on high setting obviously using less power than always on, but if we were to increase the strobe frequency to about 100 Hz we would not notice the strobe effect and the power consumption would still be less than when always on, although the total light emitted would be less, due to "period" on and off, even though the brightness would be the same. (on a side note the 10 Hz strobe make me feel odd !) It's disturbing to my perception.

This is similar to power and energy. Brightness and total light emitted. They are not directly relative to each other.

Cheers

EDITED: some small Errors.