Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

stop saying "it cannot be done !"

Started by nitinnun, July 03, 2009, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitinnun

those monkey examples do not describe technological researchers.

because the monkeys have very little understanding of cause and effect.
and no idea what so ever, of what they are trying to accomplish.

a real technological researcher, is a person uses the information that they know/suspect,
to form an educated guess.

an educated guess, IS WHAT THE RESEARCHER KNOWS.
it is the researchers UNDERSTANDING.

if the researcher is too afraid to make an educated guess, than they will know nothing.
and bask in ignorance.

nothing is ever proven.
everything is merely an educated guess.
gravity, the day after tomorrow, your life, and reality, are all nothing but educated guesses.

the more accurately you can make educated guesses, the better a researcher you are.
the more accurately you can make educated guesses, the firmer your grasp on reality.

a person who insists on "physical proof", is merely a person who lacks imagination.
or lacks confidence.
or possesses the worst kind of needless fear.

or is hellbent on never being placed in a situation,
where they have to entertain an educated guess,
and put their ass on the line.

most educated guesses, are mostly made of non-physical components.
components such as:
intuition
common sense
comprehension of relevancy
the ability to navigate generalities
AKA the bigger picture.

and get this.

the biggest, most important educated guesses, have no physical components what so ever.
making physical proof hardliners incapable of comprehending the biggest, most important things in life.

exnihiloest

Quote from: nitinnun on July 03, 2009, 07:35:40 PM

stop saying
"it cannot be done !"

Say : "yes, continue to reproduce ever and ever the errors of the past"?
:-)

More than 90% of the posts here concerning experiments do not suggest new ideas, new concepts, new way of thinking, new real tracks to FE.
Firstly they play with all misunderstandings that people could have centuries ago, when Newton, Coulomb, Ampère, Maxwell, Lorentz, Einstein and many others giants of human knowledge were not yet born. Secondly they neglect all aspects of real life (for example, they deal with transformers at HF frequencies without considering the capacities between windings, or measure signals of any shapes with an ordinary multimeter!...).
Science is not a question of faith and magic thinking but a question of creativity, logic and rationality. It needs modesty and the same very high rigor that we see in conventional physics.

I agree we have not to say "it cannot be done!", even to an ignorant who claims to have discovered the Holy Grail, but we can possibly say him "it cannot be done that way!".

Thaelin

As Ollie says, "Stanley, another fine mess you've gotten us into."

;D

newbie123

Quote from: exnihiloest on July 08, 2009, 04:16:48 AM
Say : "yes, continue to reproduce ever and ever the errors of the past"?
:-)

More than 90% of the posts here concerning experiments do not suggest new ideas, new concepts, new way of thinking, new real tracks to FE.
Firstly they play with all misunderstandings that people could have centuries ago, when Newton, Coulomb, Ampère, Maxwell, Lorentz, Einstein and many others giants of human knowledge were not yet born. Secondly they neglect all aspects of real life (for example, they deal with transformers at HF frequencies without considering the capacities between windings, or measure signals of any shapes with an ordinary multimeter!...).
Science is not a question of faith and magic thinking but a question of creativity, logic and rationality. It needs modesty and the same very high rigor that we see in conventional physics.

I agree we have not to say "it cannot be done!", even to an ignorant who claims to have discovered the Holy Grail, but we can possibly say him "it cannot be done that way!".

Good post.   Science, Rigor and skepticism are all very important.   But with skepticism, people need to be moderate...    Extreme skeptics (i.e.  some physicists) will dismiss any claim that might conflict with conventional physics.    The low skepticism folks will believe most FE claims, and try to build magic toroids and circuits all day...    Spending  hours on concepts that are really 100 years old and believing it's FE is pointless.   

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

nueview

hi all

yes i kind of think your right not really anything new going on here.
some good stuff at the joule thief but it is pretty much the same radio HF stuff you can get elsewhere.
the really good stuff is someplace else and really in the books people should be reading when there is something good here it gets past over or dismissed.
to many beginners but i think the guy who goes and builds something is still better off there is something to be learned from doing. you pick a goal and go for it somewhere down the line it will gain momentum then everyone wants to know how it was done but it's to late and to far to go back just try to explain a transistor then try to make one from scratch by the time you succeed you will know all the people who don't have a clue. But they got a degree in bull----.
every project i ever worked on tought me something that was not obvious and not common sense.
But in the end they were all well worth the time the guy that said 95% of the people are always wrong may have been right but missed the number.

Martin