Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why is an Acoustic Guitar so much LOUDER than an Electric Guitar?

Started by The Observer, July 22, 2009, 11:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Observer

Willy,
          it "sucks" it out... LOL

This statement let's me know you are smarter than the average drunk.

Spoondini,

I thank you for your willingness to experiment with your guitars.

Heairbear,

QuoteWhen one string is plucked, all the other strings will also vibrate, adding to the overall sustain

Thankyou, Thankyou....Thankyou.
       This is my very poynt.
       This is what I am talking about.

A Louder Longer Sound is produced because feedback is happening and energy is stored in the system.
      ______________________________________________________________________________

The real question is ... Does the Acoustic Chamber Amplify Sound?        YES  (refer below)

Consider this simple physics experiment.  (refer below)
       The chamber sounds out    Loudly     when speaker reaches it's resonant frequency.

Best Regards,
                        The Observer

spoondini

FYI, I use phos bronze on both the electric and accoustic, both 11 guage.  Shouldn't be a factor.  Haven't had a chance to run the second round yet.  If they're close, then we can assume these 'other' factors could be influencing.  If there's obviously more sustain, then these factors are probably neglible.   I'll let you know by next Tues (next time I break out the sound system).

HeairBear

Here is a pic of a "Drone Harp" or guitar which utilizes the effects of "Sympathetic Vibrations" to accentuate the tones produced. Although this version is a solid body, there are acoustic versions too. One of the factors that may have been ignored or missed is the shape of the sound hole, or, sometimes F holes. If the resonant cavity has no, or, badly designed sound hole, the resonance will be affected. One of the tricks to tuning electric guitars in not so quiet places(noisy bars), you can put your ear against the solid body and hear the vibrations much more clearly. And some ask, "Why don't you use an electric tuner?" I myself can't stand tuners and hearing the tuning, in my opinion, is far better than trusting an electric device I can't hear.
When I hear of Shoedinger's Cat, I reach for my gun. - Stephen Hawking

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: spoondini on November 05, 2009, 04:53:01 PM
FYI, I use phos bronze on both the electric and accoustic, both 11 guage.  Shouldn't be a factor.  Haven't had a chance to run the second round yet.  If they're close, then we can assume these 'other' factors could be influencing.  If there's obviously more sustain, then these factors are probably neglible.   I'll let you know by next Tues (next time I break out the sound system).
"shouldn't be a factor" is an assumption. why not just remove that assumption right from the start instead of opening the test up to more assumptions later on as evidenced by this statement "then we can assume these 'other' factors could be influencing".

There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

The Observer

Spoondini,

Thanks again for your willingness to experiment.
I have been waiting for your results.

I would like to remind you that an acoustic Guitar's sound is roughly 1000 times as intense as the Electric Guitar's Sound.

A Ratio of      1000 to 1

If energy is conserved... this means that the electric should ring around 1000 times longer than an acoustic string.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                             My acoustic rings around 10 seconds.

It follows that the electric should ring 1000 X 10 Seconds or 10,000 Seconds.

10,000 seconds/60 seconds/min = 167 Minutes

167 Minutes/60 Min/Hour = 2.78 Hours.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the Electric String won't ring that long. (2.78 Hours)

Further, I insist The Sympathetic Vibration from the Acoustic Chamber cannot Stop the String From Ringing.
           (anyone who thinks they can stop something ringing using it's natural frequency is a little Kooky)

Indeed a feedback loop is created!!!!!

Please refer to the Speaker/Tube experiment for simplicities sake.

The Volume of Water in the Tube is varied until the resonant frequency is found.
                       At Resonance a Loud Sound is produced... with no extra energy required.

The Observer