Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I see an economic diasater coming...

Started by the_big_m_in_ok, September 03, 2009, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the American economy will ever improve?

Yes, definitely
Possibly, in the long run
No, it will worsen
Undecided

the_big_m_in_ok

ATT said:
@exxcomm0n
Extremely thoughtful statement, well said.
Allow me to echo that for exxcomm0n's last post.  Very well put.  I think maybe if, as the Bible says, "Those elect few" will be saved, I hope there's enough people to restart the country's population after the dire, potentially impending problems have been dealt with by the survivors.
(Actual smile on my face) "We live in hope."   :)

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

Dustine1017

I anticipate that maybe if the Bible says, "Those accept few" will be saved, I achievement there's abundant humans to restart the country's citizenry afterward the dire, potentially approaching problems accept been dealt with by the survivors.

triffid

You do have to be carefull  when and where you plant your illegal food plants on property that does not belong to you.I have seen many a good area mowed and sprayed by the city.Grass fires do come along once in a while.Triffid

the_big_m_in_ok

Dustine1017 said:
I anticipate that maybe if the Bible says, "Those accept few" will be saved, I achievement there's abundant humans to restart the country's citizenry...
At least one place in the Bible(Book of Revelations?) is says 1/3 of (Israel?) will survive.
The Book of Enoch says about 10% at most.
This is enough of a genetic diversity to safely rebuild the human race---as long as people don't do as Abraham did and marry a very close relative.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

ATT

Thought I'd pass this on. The economy may not be the only disaster coming down the pipe:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427281.300-posthuman-earth-how-the-planet-will-recover-from-us.html

Here's another one that you'll appreciate, d3, this fault is just 15 min down the hill from me, but at least I'm on the side that 'won't fall in the ocean'...I think...

Lee, you might get some fallout from this too, it ends right about where you are...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8283873.stm

EDIT: Ran across this from Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/02/unemployment-economy-recession-business-beltway-jobs.html

After adjusting the outlook based on more reality-based insights, some expect it'll be 2017 before the job market gets back to where it was (if then).

Tony