Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Introducing The Dudgeon Engine

Started by Pirate88179, November 03, 2009, 01:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricme

tishatang,

Thank you for the kind words about my engine, the swivel bar as you mentioned can be replaced with a roller bearing if required.
I have no problem with this at all, the only reason I suggested a swivel bar, was because I simply didn't think of another way.
I think it is a bonza idea Chris. :D

If anyone can think up other improvements, or enhancements please do.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

mondrasek

Quote from: electricme on November 03, 2009, 07:57:15 PM
No person has spoken to me about the above engine types you mention, and I have not know of this web site, nor been there.
No doubt some person some time will say they have known of my engine, well they didn't get it from me :), and I am not in the habit of stepping on anyones toes.
etc.

Jim,

I in no way meant to imply that you have borrowed your idea from anyone or anyplace.  I only wanted to let all know that this idea of yours was unfortunately not something new.  It is an engine design that has been imagined, built, tested, and even manufactured already.  You may be able to research those other designs to learn if yours has any new, useful features, or whether the technology you have come up with is already fully developed. 

You might also find the swashplate variation of the same type of engine interesting:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swashplate_engine  They are the engines comonly used in torpedos:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolving_cylinder_engine

M.

electricme

TO mondrasek,

I could roll over and meekly say you might be right and allow others to go into bat for me, but one needs to take a stand.
I have myself been wrong on a couple of occasions, on a different matter, when I realised my post was missleading, I immediately admitted my mistake and put the matter right. My credability was restored and people know I can be trusted.

In relation to your posts about my DUDGEON Engine, you are incorrect in forming your present assumptions.

I produce your post here so others can read and go and see for themselves.
I invite all persons who read this post to go to both these addresses and see themselves, double check or triple check.
Sit down and study it, print it out, show the information to a mechanical engineer before they post a reply, if they wish to do so.

Lets open this up and STURRrrrr the pot a bit.
I invite all the mechanics and mechanical engineers on earth to join this topic.

If there is an engine out there prior to my engine the same as mine, then I will be the very first to shuve my hand up and say sorry.

Quote from: mondrasek on November 04, 2009, 09:15:34 AM
etc.

Jim,

I in no way meant to imply that you have borrowed your idea from anyone or anyplace.  I only wanted to let all know that this idea of yours was unfortunately not something new.  It is an engine design that has been imagined, built, tested, and even manufactured already.  You may be able to research those other designs to learn if yours has any new, useful features, or whether the technology you have come up with is already fully developed. 

You might also find the swashplate variation of the same type of engine interesting:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swashplate_engine  They are the engines comonly used in torpedos:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolving_cylinder_engine

M.
mondrasek,

Thanks for the 2 posts you have placed on this forum.

I was going to originally take a look at the web addresses you provided, (thank you), to verify your statements.
It seems in your mind I have borrowed someone elses ideas to make my engine design.
(Perhaps a private PM would have set this straight instead of public)

You "imply" above in your post my engine has been made before, and is "not something new".

You provide 2 Webb addresses to back up your above statement, not only to me but to every person who reads it, that it has been done before, this is implying I am a fraud.

Let those of my piers make their own judgement.

You say in the plural, implying there are many sites, OK, bring them forth here so we can all read them.

I noticed that tishatang and mw383 have taken the effort to look for themselves and they both publicly posted above my post here that you are wrong, and should take another look again and compare my engine with the others on wikipedia.

Since reading your secand post which appears under both tishatangs and mw383 posts, I can only assume you have read them, debunking your very first post.

It is obvious to myself that you probably read them, but have it fixed into your mind that my engine is not as it should be as your current understanding of it is.

So just in case you might be right, I went to each of the above web addresses you kindly provided (thankyou) and looked at each in turn, (just a few minutes ago).

As both tishatang and mw383 have stated, they are not in any way like my engine, as the DUDGEON Engine designer and you are NOT, you would have to agree to accept the fact I should know more about my own invention than yourself.

Both these engines do not look internally anything like my design at all, they both cannot came anywhere near the features my engine can provide.

The only similarity is the outside casing which is round, and contains the interior mechanical components which do not look anything like mine.

Their design is as you rightly say, a swish plate, in actual fact a rotating shaft, with a flat thick plate which is affixed on an angle to its central shaft, which rotates on its axis to push a piston left or right, the cylinders in both cases are parallel with the main shaft itself, the piston on mine is at 90 degrees to the rotating shaft. (I prove my point).

The design of these two engines in the section where the power is transferred to the push rods is totally different in design to my own engine, they both don't even come close to mine at all.

There is simply NO similarity between my engine, to the two machines that you have brought to my attention.

I will only say, all the machines can work in such a manner to bring power in a circular fashion to a central rotating shaft.

I also bring to your attention, another device that uses the swish plate technology, in the airconditioning industry.
I refer to car air conditioners, but not all of them. I have personally seen on a couple of occasions after pulling several different car airconditioners apart that there is a design which uses the swish plate technology.

In the last web address, it shows the engine casing which is joined in the center.
I have written on one of my last above posts, my engine casing is round and travels the full length, bolting to the end plate itself.
Why have I said this, just to head off anyone who might imply my outside casing is like theirs.

So mondrasek, I do appreciate your input, it's just at this point in time, on both occasions you posted you are wrong, about my engine and you do NOT seem to understand how it operates or the way it goes about the cycle or manner to produce work.
This is expected as it is completely new to the industry.
----------------------

Now to be fair to mondrasek, and to show him there are no bad feelings, at least from me, I would like to point out that it takes time to write a large post, or even several of them one after the other.

It seems this is the case, if you all check the times between the posts I made, mandrasek posted "between" the majority of posts I made that day and my last post describing my engine, he would not have had, all the information he needed to make his assumption.

I was still writing my posts up when he sent his first post between several of my bigger posts as I was making the original ones.

So he made a mistake by not having all the information available, to form his opinion, which anyone could have done.
So, I have tried to explain this, and I forgive him for it. :)

As far as I am concerned, this is the end of this matter.

jim electricme designer of the DUDGEON Engine
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

electricme

@All,

I have a refinement to the DUDGEON ENGINE
It has been pointed out to me the the Thrust Pin which connects to the Square Thrust Shaft, can also be modified by using a single but large pin roller bearing, so I have made a drawing so everyone can see what I mean.

This could replace a swivel arm, so making the engine easier to make, as you can all see, I am open to suggestions.
The function remains the same, there is no change to the output.
The bearing fits neatly into the machined groove, it's function is to raise the piston assembly up or down depending the position of the machined groove on the flywheel itself.

In my next post, I am going to ASTOUND the engineering world, with the immense possibilities of my DUDGEON ENGINE DESIGN.
You are about to see what this engine can be made to do, it relates to the power available on the output shaft, by greatly modifying the PROFILE of the MACHINED GROOVE, still using a single piston.

However if those people who wish to make a swivel arm, please do so.

I submit the drawing below

jim

Pirate88179

@ Jim:

I went to the sites provided by mondrasek and, as an aerospace class A machinist and design engineer for over 20 years, I can tell you that those designs are nothing like yours.

As you know, I don't have much time now, but when I do, I want to delve into your design and see what can be done with it.

A great idea is a great idea and I am not shocked when I have one and find it has been done before.  To me, this is just verification that the idea was good to begin with.  However, from what I have seen, this is not the case here at all.  I have never seen, heard about nor read about a design like what you propose here.

Carry on my friend.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen