Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Introducing The Dudgeon Engine

Started by Pirate88179, November 03, 2009, 01:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondrasek

Quote from: electricme on November 05, 2009, 09:25:48 PM
Yes readers, take a look at the second paragraph of mondraseks above post, he says and I quote "Sorry I cannot produce a link to a site that describes a design exactly like Jim's", or even the one from "Popular Mechanics" and goes on to say as a way of escape to distance himself "But it was not my purpose".

LOL!  That is a very cynical interpretation of what I wrote, let alone my intentions.

Quote from: electricme on November 05, 2009, 09:25:48 PM
So what was your purpose? if it is not to build up and edify? Is it to pull down and destroy?

My purpose was exactly as stated:  To inform that the idea was not new and provide references to that fact.  That was not in and of itself negative in anyway.  I provided information that may have assisted in your endeavors, nothing else.  You may not have known of these similar devices and wasted efforts duplicating them.  But, more importantly, you could still research them to see if you could learn anything to further your own design, assuming it has unique features and/or capabilities that would make it more useful than those other designs.

Do you think the designers of any new device do not study any and every similar and useful device first?  That is exactly how they learn!  And that is exactly why I studied the engine design in Popular Mechanics when I ran across it years ago: because it was intriguing and embodied much that I could learn.

I am not sure why you keep taking issue with my input.  You are reading in some sub text or ulterior motives that I do not have.  I apologize if you think I have attacked you for I have not.  And seriously, I believe it has been the other way around!  And I cannot fathom a rational reason why.  So I will just leave it at that.  You can continue the slander and veiled accusations of evil intent if you wish.  And if you choose to do so, I gladly give you the last word!

electricme

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

MW383

Jim,

OK I am now just getting back into study of your motor. I apologize for the delay, life has been extremely hectic. Anyway I see 2 halves to your assembly. The first half is rotating, the other is stationary? The rotating half would have the machined groove? The stationary half contains the piston and connecting rod (for lack of better term)? The end of rod interfaces with machined groove via a bearing of sorts?

Sorry for so many questions... I understand the principle with what your groove does and am trying to equate it into construction / mechanical motion.

Now more questions... Is the groove also driving a valvetrain? And is the valvetrain part of an external head assembly that bolts on to outside diameter of stationary half?

Once I understand how this works exactly, I will get it solid modelled in CAD program and send you the files if you like.

Best regards,

MW

electricme

@MW

Quote from: MW383 on November 17, 2009, 02:36:15 PM
Jim,

OK I am now just getting back into study of your motor. I apologize for the delay, life has been extremely hectic. Anyway I see 2 halves to your assembly. The first half is rotating, the other is stationary? The rotating half would have the machined groove? The stationary half contains the piston and connecting rod (for lack of better term)? The end of rod interfaces with machined groove via a bearing of sorts?

Sorry for so many questions... I understand the principle with what your groove does and am trying to equate it into construction / mechanical motion.

Now more questions... Is the groove also driving a valvetrain? And is the valvetrain part of an external head assembly that bolts on to outside diameter of stationary half?

Once I understand how this works exactly, I will get it solid modelled in CAD program and send you the files if you like.

Best regards,

MW

That's correct, the right disk is stationary, the left disk is the flywheel, that is the one which contains the groove, the groove is machined to whatever wave profile the designer wants the engine to do.

On the right disk, there is a single deep vertical groove, this is to take the piston shaft, it's job is to prevent the piston shaft from moving sideways, we all got to forget about a conrod flying around with a crankshaft.

The "End Rod" as you called it is just a square shaft, the top of this rod the piston is secured, it does "not" wobble as is normally done, but if the engine designer wishes to do so, it's up to him.
Almost the whole length (3 sides), of the square shaft, fits snugly inside the fixed non rotating end plate, the 4th side of the square shaft is presented this face, towards the rotating flywheel.

At the bottom of this square shaft is where a large stubby (very short) axle needs to be secured.
The outer section protrudes into the revolving groove section.

As the flywheel rotates, the stubby axle can only follow the groove, so the direction of the square shaft is either going upward, or downward.
-----------------------

I decided to locate the valve timing arrangement on the main rotating shaft itself but as close as possible to the side of the flywheel.
It could be setup by maching another 2 separate smaller grooves, one controlling the inlet valve, the other the outlet valve.
However it is much easier making a smaller cam lobe fitting.

The valve timing is set by the "ANGLE" position of the groove, as the upward exhaust stroke just begins, then as the square piston rod reaches the top of it's travel, the cam lowers the valve in the correct position relating to the groove.

The air/mixture intake is set up in a similar fashion, but once again the ANGLE position of the groove sets this also.

The person designing the groove would need to figure out these 2 positions and make a slip on lobe cam, which could be key wayed to the output shaft.
Therefore, there is no longer any need for a "long" camshaft, a single cam can form the functions of several pistons and associated valve trains.

A line drawn from the center of the main shaft towards the outer edge of the flywheel will give the angle that is needed to set the positions of the cam lobes.

jim

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

MW383

Jim,

I am starting to get this drawn up in 3D cad. What I have is probably not correct but I will forward pictures anyway so you can mark up for corrections. Bit by bit I can get this fully modelled.

, MW383