Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming

Started by PaulLowrance, November 25, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Ha ha, anyone seeing a pattern at this forum. It appears that "OU Movement" = Anti Global Warming = Pro Oil Movement. Maybe this is the secret behind the truck load of faked OU claims, and their truck load of supporters.  ;)   That would make a nice investigation, no?  Maybe Rush Limbaugh is behind this secret movement.  ;D

MasterPlaster

Who cares about a pattern? We should seek the truth first.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: MasterPlaster on November 30, 2009, 12:44:50 PM
Who cares about a pattern? We should seek the truth first.

Hi,

Patterns detected from data analysis is part of science (seeking the truth), and is referred to as statistics,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics

I'd like to obtain the USA temperature database for each city. That's Climatology 101, but it's a start. I believe such long term data shows a clear incline of USA temperature. After that we can obtain data from say the UK.

Regards,
Paul

silverfish

Quote from: PaulLowrance on November 29, 2009, 03:24:30 PM
silverfish,

I saw that Mount Shasta is in your list, which I am well familiar with, so I went to WikiPedia to get the full picture. Please read,

Quote from WikiPedia on the Mount Shasta's glaciers:
"In 2002, scientists made the first detailed survey of Mount Shasta's glaciers in 50 years. They found that seven of the glaciers have grown over the period 1951-2002, with the Hotlum and Wintun Glaciers nearly doubling, the Bolam Glacier increasing by half, and the Whitney and Konwakiton Glaciers growing by a third.[6] The study concluded that though there has been a two to three degree Celsius temperature rise in the region, there has also been a corresponding increase in the amount of snowfall. Increased temperatures have tapped Pacific Ocean moisture, leading to snowfalls that supply the accumulation zone of the glacier with 40 percent more snowfall than is melted in the ablation zone."

As you can the issues at hand are far more complex. Do you actually question that the temperatures have increased 2 - 3 degrees C? Such data is recorded constantly throughout the United States,

Mount Shasta live temperature,
http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/california/mount-shasta-2455436/

Such data is stored. They know what the average temperatures are from any given time period. The problem occurs when people try to take the temperature average from just a few years. Temperatures over the years fluctuate a great deal. One needs to take long term averages, as in decades.

Paul

First of all, I don't depend on Wikipedia, a notoriously manipulated source, for my information - and secondly, the planet is in a cooling phase, 90% or more glaciers are increasing,
precipitation is increasing here in the UK, we have had virtually monsoon conditions for the past 2 weeks - there have been record cold spells in the US,
sunspots have been at an all-time low, which generally heralds planetary cooling, if not a mini-ice age; in terms of major planetary cycles, we are due for both 'mini' and 'maxi'. If you want to stick to the global warming orthodoxy, after -admitted- emails exposed by hackers have exposed it as a complete fraud for the purpose of extorting a global carbon tax from the population, then by all means, go ahead and believe what you like. Al Gore's personal 'carbon footprint' is 100 times the average person's, his carbon trading company stands to reap billions in profits on the basis of questionable science, to say the very least - So I agree with Lord Monckton that it's high time this unbelievable fraudulant manipulation of data, and the peer pressure that goes along with it, is exposed. If you think the current cycle of cooling is just part of global warming, then please go ahead and prepare to roast while the rest of us
'poor uninformed souls' are going to be freezing our t*ts off.

PaulLowrance

Sorry silverfish, but so far you have been unable to show *any* peer reviewed data that backs up your *claims.* All of the data you've posted that I've looked at were the opposite of what the *references* at WikiPedia show.

If by chance you find a legit reference, then post it at WikiPedia. There are a lot of scientists that maintain WikiPedia, and they will not tolerate politically based science such as stating there's global cooling because the temperature has dropped over the past year. Again, the fluctuation noise is far to high to take a few years average.

You may not like WikiPedia, perhaps because they require peer reviewed references.

Paul