Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming

Started by PaulLowrance, November 25, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Here's another good solar irradiance graph going back to 1874 till about 2006. It shows the change at around 1960. Note, this graph does not go far enough to show the low point beyond 2006, as it will continue to go lower.

Paul

Cap-Z-ro

There will have to be many more considerations taken into account when trying to pin down any perceived warming on one particular thing.

In this case the 'warming' seems to be being attributed to man's 'carbon footprint' on the planet.

I believe it was ResinRat who astutely pointed out the sun activity factor.

Add to that the reduction of timberland, rain forests, geothermal activity, and the increase in black top roads and parking areas...to name just a few.

If the earths air exchange systems were not being dismantled by greedy people who care nothing the damage they do for profit, we would be talking about other things.

And it is only reasonable to conclude that any serious research done on any subject from here on, cannot be based on government figures, simply because they have repeatedly shown that they are not trustworthy.

And finally, the earth's temperature naturally follows a pattern of peaks and valleys.

Now, can we please get back on topic...that being the fact that we are being herded into a slaughterhouse that not enough see up ahead.

This deal was supposed to usher in broad government "environmental" controls, stifling industry in the primitive energy world they fashioned by sabotaging all alternate energy projects. 

Regards...

ATT

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 03, 2009, 04:16:15 PM
I don't know, if one analyzes all of the data, it may or may not be difficult to say what is the main cause of global warming.

Yeah Paul, there's always a lot more to it than grabbing a couple of values, huh? Everything affects something else to one degree or another.

Anyway, I looked at the stuff on NOAA, here's what I'm coming up with:

The current composite data is available (in monthly form) from 1978 to present.
Archival data is available from 1902 to 1954.

This leaves a 24 year 'hole' in irradiance availability, as far as I can determine.

Since this data is in monthly-intervals and the graph display over that long of a period (150 years) is best viewed in decadel-intervals, I'll have to write a C program to parse the data, average the values over 10-year increments and re-write the file suitable for inclusion as a CSV listing in a spreadsheet.

I'd like to be -sure- that 'irradiance' is what we need visa vi solar-data before starting the process, I'd appreciate a consensus from RR2 (wish I knew his 'name', I hate using 'handles' to refer to people I talk to...) so I don't go into a high speed runaway in the wrong direction.

Btw, where in the L.A. area are you? I'm a couple hours east of you in the high-desert north of Palm Springs (I grew up in Venice, but that was a loooong time ago...).

Tony

PaulLowrance

ATT,

I'm reading that there are numerous observatories that have been tracking TSI (total solar irradiance) for a long time. One observatory has been tracking TSI since 1874. Some observatories have not been tracking it non-stop, as you point out, but it seems there's non-stop data when considering all of the observatories.

BTW, in a moment I'll post a graph that overlays your data over the TSI.

You live out here as well? I'm near LAX.

Paul

ATT

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 03, 2009, 04:46:07 PM
but it seems there's non-stop data when considering all of the observatories.

Cool, just have to sniff it out.

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 03, 2009, 04:46:07 PM
You live out here as well? I'm near LAX.
I used to live just down the hill on Marco Place off Lincoln Blvd.

Tony