Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming

Started by PaulLowrance, November 25, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATT

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 03, 2009, 02:29:25 PM
The question is, how much is due to humanity, and all of the numbers I've seen say a *noticeable* amount is due to humanity.

Well, Paul, that's the object of the discussion, to try and see (in our own admittedly naive way) what the major influences are by introducing what we believe to be important data into the mix.

I thought adding population might show a trend in that manufacturing relates to population needs, along with your requirements for carbon and temperature, they correlated.

RR2 suggests solar data should be included since it has the most dramatic effect on global temperature, I agree, although in accessing the NOAA, I find I don't know enough about it to even choose the right dataset, I'll need some help in that regard, here's the choices:

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/SOLAR/getdata.html
# Solar Chromosphere Data in Calcium Wavelength
# Solar Corona
# Solar Filaments
# Solar Flares in H-alpha and X-rays
# Solar Irradiance
# Solar UV
# Solar White Light Faculae
# Stratospheric Warmings
# Sudden Commencements
# Sudden Ionospheric Disturbances
# Sun-as-a-Star Index
# Sunspot Numbers
# Sunspot Photometry
# Sunspot Regions

If someone more knowledgeable than myself about this would have a look at the available data on the site and recommend what should be plotted, it would be helpful.

As always, the only way to get anywhere with debated issues is to throw all the data down in one place and see what we have, but everything has to be considered or all we'll still have will just be 'opinions'.

Tony

PaulLowrance

Quote from: ATT on December 03, 2009, 03:21:00 PM
although in accessing the NOAA, I find I don't know enough about it to even choose the right dataset, I'll need some help in that regard, here's the choices:

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/SOLAR/getdata.html
# Solar Chromosphere Data in Calcium Wavelength
# Solar Corona
# Solar Filaments
# Solar Flares in H-alpha and X-rays
# Solar Irradiance
# Solar UV
# Solar White Light Faculae
# Stratospheric Warmings
# Sudden Commencements
# Sudden Ionospheric Disturbances
# Sun-as-a-Star Index
# Sunspot Numbers
# Sunspot Photometry
# Sunspot Regions

If someone more knowledgeable than myself about this would have a look at the available data on the site and recommend what should be plotted, it would be helpful.

Off the top of my head it seems you would want total solar irradiance.

Paul

PaulLowrance

Total solar irradiance, often written as just solar irradiance, is in watt/m^2, which is what you want. Here's an example going back to 1975. You can see in the graph the ~ 11 year solar cycle where the sun gets hotter. I don't see much of a general heating trend in the sun over the past 35 years. So would that indicate that most of the recent global warming is due to humanity, not the sun?

Paul

PaulLowrance

Regarding the graph in my previous post, to be honest,  I see a possible pattern of the total solar irradiance decreasing, not increasing. What do you think?

Hey, the next peak is in 2012.  :)

Paul

PaulLowrance

Here's a total Solar irradiance going back to 1900. As you can see, it's slowly rising,
but then begins to decline just a bit after 1960, and then began to decline at a
much faster rate starting at 2000.

I don't know, if one analyzes all of the data, it may or may not be difficult to say what is the main cause of global warming.

Paul