Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

EER Joule Thief using an earth battery to start a joule thief.

Started by jeanna, December 28, 2009, 09:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrozenWaterLab

Quote from: Jeanna on June 12, 2010, 07:44:30 PM
Hi all,
This is short.
I made the barber pole today using a copper pipe instead of carbon, and about 60 inches of magnesium as lidmotor showed in yesterday's video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsiOyw3IrN0

Copper should not work as well as carbon, but it is much less expensive and easier to get than a piece of carbon that has the same diameter.
So, I used a 3/4 inch pipe which I sanded and wrapped in cotton cloth then wrapped that in densely wound magnesium ribbon, about 60 inches, and it works very well.
I also put a drop of oil onto the magnesium where it is exposed to the air, as lidmotor suggests.
This is very convenient and also portable battery.
I expect it to work very well in the earth too.
The price is right too. It is easy to pay $8 for a 75 foot roll which can make 15 of these.

jeanna

I hope you Barry one of these to see if the Mg deterioration is slowed or not.
FrznWtr

FrozenWaterLab

Hello to All
Well I finally found Dolomite Lime at Lows - last place I looked. I got 3 bags about $20 total.
It's 8pm so no digging till tomorrow.
I want to get some of that Alum/Magnesium welding wire to put in the Trench also, along with the Mg Ribbon. I am going out to plot and peruse the sight for a bit though.
Think I should whip up ah bourbon to help the creative flow

Home depot did have a 40' roll of 7 strand copper at about $.65 a ft. I think its about 3 or 4 gage (Can't member) the individual strands are about the same size as the soft iron tie wire in the concrete section - but I'll have to take my caliper with me tomorrow.
The sales Gall gave me the spool also. ++
I'll have to unwind this but its only 40' so can do in the driveway then I'll have 280' for my Positive E-W
It will have to be soldered but then for in the ground nothing fancy.
I'm thinking seriously measuring 280' of 26 gage mag wire that I have and burning it off for comparison.
I also found a copper plate thats silver coated and some copper ground strape (Lots of surface area) I'm thinking Plant Batt in the ground. My raised bed garden may even be conscripted for service (Better growth if ya raise em up outa the cold ground up here.)
Maybe a boost for the plants also.
That big steel ball float just caught my eye - 14" thick stuff - Was thinking resonant cavity - Hum

On another note I've noticed a couple comments about using Iron wire for the Neg   Element connections. The Neg is at the surface and I don't feel a real need exists for this.
I think the resistance of the Iron wire would offset any posable gain when the connecting point should be literally at the surface. Although someone did say something about putting your JT as close to the neg terminal as posable.
Any other thoughts on this?

I found a supper deal on E-bay for my trencher motor and after looking at that Spaid leaning on the fence I shot em a shipping Quote request.
See Here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502649407&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_10454wt_1092
says free shipping but the caveat emporia is for contiguous 48. We take it as inevitable and their is no reason for it. But if it's not more then $150 I'll prob. get it. Thats a good price. Got some 4-5 hundred ft of trench I want if not more.
And then I can run the Poss line 2' deep with another one at 3" To 6" to test the difference.
Jumped out to shoot pic's of the trencher for ya.
The motor that lunched on it is about an 8 or 10 hp - that 16 should do alot better.

And last but not least is my new used meters I got - $150 with shipping for both. Little work ware, but they both function well (About 1/10th the new cost)
Now if we can just get things to the point we need that clamp meter. ;')
Till later FrznWtr

FrozenWaterLab

Hello All
This is the engine I've ordered for my trencher.
NEW ELEC START 16 HP SIDE SHAFT GAS ENGINE GO KART MOWR US $394.99
Shipping is $185 to my home. so cost $580 - Now lets see if I can swap em before winter hits.

Pardon

Hello all
I just wanted to update my eer cell JT information. my cells were made
on 4/10/2010. i have not touched the cells sence that time. my JT finally
will not light steady it blinks 1 time about every 1 second. the blinking started on nov 26 2010. but until friday it was lit for almost 7 1/2 months

my cells are made with copper pipe and mag fire starter blocks.

Dennis

Pirate88179

Quote from: Pardon on November 29, 2010, 01:19:51 AM
Hello all
I just wanted to update my eer cell JT information. my cells were made
on 4/10/2010. i have not touched the cells sence that time. my JT finally
will not light steady it blinks 1 time about every 1 second. the blinking started on nov 26 2010. but until friday it was lit for almost 7 1/2 months

my cells are made with copper pipe and mag fire starter blocks.

Dennis

Wow, nice work.  if you added a cap to the mix I'll bet the led would be on all of the time.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen