Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming Truth

Started by PaulLowrance, January 07, 2010, 12:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyc

Quote from: PaulLowrance on January 26, 2010, 11:11:44 AM
I'll end todays Global Warming posts on the following graph, which clearly shows that Global Warming is occurring in big cities (black graph), not rural (red graph). The graph is in degrees Celsius *change*. I'm so thankful for all of the great people who are at least trying to reduce their carbon footprint. Thank you!!!

Paul ,

I feel that you have misunderstood what Urban Warming is.. It is a strong argument put forward by sceptics.
One reason for the claimed increase in global temperatures is due to the ever increasing temperature reading by urban thermometers. This is not caused by the rise in co2 (aka. global warming) it is caused by the increase in traffic and the increase of the number of things such as air conditioner heat exchangers being placed too close to met stations etc. This inflated data is then used to show that the world is warming , which is not occurring in rural areas. Imagine the effect on a thermometer placed near a busy airport. Each year more and more multi-engine jets are landing/taking off , this would show an increase in the temp reading for that thermometer .

Your claim that global warming is being seen in cities is not correct, what you are seeing is the Urban Heat Island effect. This has nothing to do with co2 levels in the upper atmosphere. It  is however seriously biasing the the global temperature reading and giving many people the impression that the earth is warming much faster than it actually is, as many of the met station are located at airports or in urban areas.

Please be aware, most septics do not deny co2 has an effect, we are simply arguing that co2 has very little effect and the billions of dollars spent on a futile attempt to reduce it would be much better spent on more serious pollution problems.

It is odd that we are both arguing for a better environment , you are obviously aware that we can not continue to pollute our planet and expect no consequences. Have a look at some of the horrific photos of pollution in this link and you will see why I feel there are more pressing issues than CO2 at the moment.
http://www.chinahush.com/2009/10/21/amazing-pictures-pollution-in-china/

It is my belief that support for AGW is falling rapidly both within the "layman" population and the scientific population. I hope this leads to a global review of the impacts man is having on the planet and some serious discussions can be held on what can be done to reduce them. If only a fraction of the money spent so far on AGW had been spent on serious alternative energy research, it would make the CO2 issue mute anyway.

cheers
Tony.

4Tesla

Hi all,

Well we here in Washington state have had the warmest January on record!!  Vancouver BC, just north of us, is the home of the 2010 Winter Olympics and has no snow!!  So why is this??  Yes, there is an El Nino, but we have had stronger El Ninos.. so why so warm???

Vancouver Forced to Import Snow to Winter Olympics
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/work-connect/vancouver-import-snow-olympics.html
The warmest decade on record
http://news.mongabay.com/2010/0126-climate.html

4Tesla

4Tesla

Hi all,

More evidence of climate change..

US Drought Monitor
http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

4Tesla

Azorus

Paul,

Your 97% is only 79 people, hand picked out of over 10054 Earth scientist.  All 10054 are considered current, where picked for the survey because of there knowlege in the field of earth science.  Why do they leave out the rest of the other scientist.  It is bias, because they want a small number with a high precentage that makes headlines.

silverfish

Quote from: PaulLowrance on January 26, 2010, 09:31:23 AM
I don't think so. Readers of this article don't seem to agree with its content!

silverfish,
"Readers" ?   Now that's being scientific, LOL. Not. Now lets all judge by what "readers" say, and not scientists, lol.

BTW, nice article 4Tesla.

Since Climategate, Glaciergate, and now Amazongate, so-called 'scientists' have revealed themselves to be some of the most biased people on the planet, willing to sell out the truth for a few hundred thousand dollars worth of research grants.
     You may huff and puff all you like but even the BBC is beginning to admit that Global Warming is beginning to look like a load of hot air. And that's because - it is!!