Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The world's only immortal animal

Started by 4Tesla, March 18, 2010, 08:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_big_m_in_ok

"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

jadaro2600

One point for the Pastafarian team.

onthecuttingedge2005

all Cancer cells are inherently immortal, they lack the gene that causes self destruction, so long as cancer has nutrition and remains unstressed it can live forever.

it would not be a pretty picture having immortal humans stuck on one world and no other place to expand. if we lived in space directly it would help but in the end it still would not be a pretty picture.

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on March 19, 2010, 02:35:52 AM
all Cancer cells are inherently immortal, they lack the gene that causes self destruction, so long as cancer has nutrition and remains unstressed it can live forever.

it would not be a pretty picture having immortal humans stuck on one world and no other place to expand. if we lived in space directly it would help but in the end it still would not be a pretty picture.

your jump from cancer cells having a telomerase gene to them being immortal is disingenuous. i think you are missing a few key points... the term immortal in regards to cancer cells does not imply that individual cells live forever, but refers to the ability of a cancer cell colony to replenish itself indefinitely under suitable conditions. this is contrary to the behavior of normal cell populations which exhibit the phenomenon of replicative or cellular senescence, where cells lose the ability to divide after a certain number of cell divisions, typically between 50 and 70 in human cell lines.

and just how did you jump from cancer cells being 'immortal' to humans having the same capacity?
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe