Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Kapagen Only : Theories, Replications, Winding Diagrams, Circuits & Schematics

Started by vidbid, June 27, 2010, 01:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidbid

Quote from: FatBird on June 30, 2010, 09:34:56 AM
Of course a $7 Dimmer can't be compared to a $90 Variac.  I never said it could.

BUT, Don Smith said a Dimmer WORKED FINE for ALL of his O/U Coil Devices.  See point #2 below.

My point is that why not try it for only $7.  It works for Don.  The trouble with negative guys like you is Nit Picking & fault finding.  Instead of finding fault, why not GET BUSY building, helping, & contributing?

QuoteCan I get a dimmer for my neon sign?  You may order your sign with a dimmable transformer for $35 extra (per transformer). These transformers have a knob next to the on-off pull chain which allows you to adjust the brightness of the neon sign. If you already have a sign, you must order a new transformer with the dimmable option ($55 for the transformer + $35 for the dimming option = $90 total cost). You can then replace your current transformer (must be done by a qualified electrician) and then dim your neon sign. Note that our dimming transformer is self adjusting and will replace other transformers rated up to 10,000 volts.

It is important that you do not use any other dimming device (such as a light dimmer you can buy at your hardware store) as it may damage your transformer, cause your neon sign to fail, and possibly create a fire hazard. Your neon sign requires special dimming circuitry (to limit the current but not the voltage - most commercial lamp dimmers simply limit the voltage) which is contained in these dimmable transformers. See our NEON ACCESSORIES page.

See reference: http://www.jantecneon.com/Frequently-Asked-Questions.html#dimmer

Cheers

dllabarre

The best (lowest input power) I could get was 707 Watts lighting 18 x 100 watt light bulbs without using a variac.  Not bad but far from romerouk and Naudin.

I measured my power usage with a Kill-O-Meter connect to Mains over 30 feet away from my device.

When I first turned my Kapagen on it used over 1100 watts and the lights were approximately 50-60% bright.  After playing with this for a week I got the power usage down to 707 Watts and the lights were at least 90% bright.  I did this comparison by having one 100 watt light bulb connected to Mains sitting next to one of my light bulbs from my Kapagen.  I agree it's not scientific but it was good enough for me to tell the difference.

I did find that dimmer switches and amp restrictors used more power then they were worth so I removed my amp restrictor.

But the most important thing I found was that the ground rods/connections/Earth was the biggest factor in lowering my power usage.  I replaced my copper tube with construction grade grounding rods, applied water to the ground around my ground rods.  In my area there is 6-12" of top soil and then under that it's all sand.  Sand doesn't hold water very well.

Using Carbon rod and Copper for the spark gap lowered my input power usage by 55 watts.

Here are some pictures:
http://u2ecom.com/kapagen/

DonL

majestichogs

Quote from: FatBird on June 29, 2010, 09:24:23 PM
Instead of buying an expensive Variac, try using an inexpensive Light Dimmer, the kind that control Ceiling FAN MOTORS.

In my locale, they can control about 10 AMPS, and sell for about $7.  That is much cheaper than a variac.

i tried that and it no effect on the mot, so i hooked it to the out put right b 4 my load and still nothing. i think these dimmers only drop voltage 30 percent. not enough to effect a kapa gen