Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Kapagen Only : Theories, Replications, Winding Diagrams, Circuits & Schematics

Started by vidbid, June 27, 2010, 01:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocket

I've wanted a variac for years but couldn't justify getting one as the cost/probable-usage equation just didn't balance.  States-side, new variacs are easily available, used ones plentiful & dirt-cheap and (if memory serves) the kicker, the delivery charges are very reasonable - not so on the other side of the pond!  I sporadically trawl Ebay looking for a 220V bargain, and was even out-bid on one occasion, but I'm still variac-less.  Actually, a few months ago I was pricing what was available from China.  One company sells brand-new 15-20Amp 110V models for about $200.  Delivery wasn't bad either I think. (again, if memory serves)  Alas, no 220V models.  These are far, far rarer and usually demand a premium price...     

FatBird

Instead of buying an expensive Variac, try using an inexpensive Light Dimmer, the kind that control Ceiling FAN MOTORS.

In my locale, they can control about 10 AMPS, and sell for about $7.  That is much cheaper than a variac.

Flux4Energizer

@Fatbird,

A Variac can't be compared with a light dimmer!
A light dimmer cuts off the sine wave where a variac keeps the sine wave only lowers the voltage with a dimmer the voltage stays the same buts cuts it short!!!

FatBird

Of course a $7 Dimmer can't be compared to a $90 Variac.  I never said it could.

BUT, Don Smith said a Dimmer WORKED FINE for ALL of his O/U Coil Devices.  See point #2 below.

My point is that why not try it for only $7.  It works for Don.  The trouble with negative guys like you is Nit Picking & fault finding.  Instead of finding fault, why not GET BUSY building, helping, & contributing?