Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Crystal Power CeLL by John Hutchison

Started by dani, April 26, 2006, 04:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

argona369

a long while ago I think I worked it out.
baking soda (heated till it melted) and some rocks, can?t
remember which rocks at the moment. Was ordinary though
Some sort of porous rock I think it was.
And it looked to be ordinary electrochemical action.
I never made one but would be easy enough to try out
If you wanted too.
And, I could be wrong, I can?t remember how I worked it out.

Added:
Maybe not sodium bicarbonate?
I just looked it up , and it decomposest  200 c?
(500 c was quoted before)
but does melt at a much lower temp, (60 c)
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s2954.htm

fot

Quote from: argona369 on October 09, 2007, 08:52:08 PM
Added:

yeh , but does that form a crystal strukture when it solidifies? i read somewhere that if you give the battery a charge when it turns to crystal strukture you will easyer guide the crystal strukture to increas the petroelectrical effect.
salt forms a crystal strukture so maby you just have to have salt crystals and quartz?

update* and koen1 why do you suggest that he uses quartz? that T.brown guy suggests that "Granite and dense lava rocks so far have shown the greatest voltage output."

But you can wonder what would happen to the world if this technology went public and you wouldnt need oil.. the oil rich countrys would be "dirt poor" lol.

Koen1

Quote from: fot on October 10, 2007, 07:58:51 AM
Quote from: argona369 on October 09, 2007, 08:52:08 PM
Added:

yeh , but does that form a crystal strukture when it solidifies? i read somewhere that if you give the battery a charge when it turns to crystal strukture you will easyer guide the crystal strukture to increas the petroelectrical effect.
salt forms a crystal strukture so maby you just have to have salt crystals and quartz?

Well as far as I know it doesn't work with baking soda... But then again, it is possible that a variation could be made with that, if you use the right mixture of other chemicals... I do not think Hutchison used bicarbonate... But if you get any interesting results experimenting with it by all means make a cell, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. Didn't work in my experiments but like I said, if you mix in just the right chemicals it might.

update* and koen1 why do you suggest that he uses quartz? that T.brown guy suggests that "Granite and dense lava rocks so far have shown the greatest voltage output."
Have you also read up on Browns follow-up research? He studied the basalt and granite rocks in connection with his study of high K materials, which was directly related to high high voltage capacitor research which was in turn directly related to his research in electrogravitational effects. Which in turn explains why he applied for a patent for a gravity fluctuation detector based on the basalt/granite rocks: his research showed that high voltage on capacitor plates appears to negatve gravity if done properly, and therefor he hypothesised that the electrical charge measured on the natural basalt would have something to do with gravity. Measured increased output during full moon and during conjunctions of planets seemed to prove this theory correct (to a degree at least).
After studying the natural rocks, which by the way all have a high K (=dielectric constant), he turned his study toward artificial high K ceramic ("rocky") materials.
From his earlier high voltage research he had learnt that certain ceramics had very high K, and could therefore be used to make a very high voltage capacitor.
So now he studied these synthetic ceramics, and found that BariumTitanate blocks often (apparently not always?) showed a small charge accumulation, similar to the natural basalt rocks he found in Hawaii. Ok so we have Bariumtitanate.

Remember, John Hutchison also mentioned BariumTitanate in his presentation of hit BaTi energy cell in Hiroshima. This was one of the main components of that type of cell.
So now we have two different inventors who mentioned Barium titanate in relation to a process of petroelectric charge generation. That should be enough reason to look into the material a bit.

When you do this, you quickly find out it is not only a good dielectric (=high K) material so very usefull in capacitors, but you also find out it is a piezoelectric material.
Now piezoelectrics is very interesting as pressure fluctuations are turned into electrical charge fluctuations... Hey, could this possibly have anything to do with the mysterious generation of charge? Yes, it could very well. ;-)

Then lets now look back at your remark and look up some information on Basalt rock and Granite, shall we?
Basalt generally has a composition of 45-55 wt% SiO2, 2-6 wt% total alkalis, 0.5-2.0 wt% TiO2, 5-14 wt% FeO and 14 wt% or more Al2O3. Contents of CaO are commonly near 10 wt%, those of MgO commonly in the range 5 to 12 wt%.
A worldwide average of the average proportion of the different chemical components in granites, in descending order by weight percent, is: SiO2 @ 72.04%, Al2O3 @ 14.42%, K2O @ 4.12%, Na2O @ 3.69%, CaO @ 1.82%, FeO @ 1.68% (rest omitted. Avg of avg comp because Granite is different on every deposit).
So in general we can safely conclude that both rock types consiste for 50 to 70% of SiO2 (=quartz), for 14% of Al2O3, and varying percentags of other metal oxides.

Now it just so happens that quartz is also a dielectric material and also has piezoelectric properties. And it is abundant since all sand and rock consists for the most part of SiO2. Therfor it is cheaper than barium titanate.
And did Hutchison not call it the "dirt cheap method"? Indeed, dirt is cheap. ;-)
And that is how I came to mention quartz.

But you should have been able to figure that link out yourself if you had done the background research... (teaser ;-))

QuoteBut you can wonder what would happen to the world if this technology went public and you wouldnt need oil.. the oil rich countrys would be "dirt poor" lol.
Indeed. Which is why one should be a bit careful. The oil barons are not know for their tolerance of inventors wh threaten their power base. Of course nothing can be proven but I would like to point out the tragic and quite implausible "deadly fall" mr. Stefan Marinov made from the staircase of the Graz university library... (and not long after coming up with a magnetic vortex generator that he claimed could well produce over unity power too. Coincidence? Oficcially it is.)

fot

the "PRELIMINARY PATENT DESCRIPTION "BATTERY" Docket Number 1687"  :D claims that molten carnauba wax mixed with tungsten carbide will work.. carnauba wax is carwax but is carwax "molten"?
and good luck at making powder out of tungsten carbide, you will have to pulverize drills..

perhaps carwax mixed with quartz?

Koen1

Quote from: fot on October 11, 2007, 04:40:03 PM
the "PRELIMINARY PATENT DESCRIPTION "BATTERY" Docket Number 1687"  :D claims that molten carnauba wax mixed with tungsten carbide will work.. carnauba wax is carwax but is carwax "molten"?
and good luck at making powder out of tungsten carbide, you will have to pulverize drills..

perhaps carwax mixed with quartz?

Once again some fairly superficial research into the uses of the material would have provided more insight.

Carnauba (or carnuba) wax is indeed used in car waxes, in mustache waxes, in surf waxes, and as edible wax coating for many types of candy.
The only usefull application of Carnauba wax in electrodynamics that seems to be related to the generation of usable charge that I know of, is its use as primary material for the Eguchi style Electret. (other forms of electret as well)
Brown's Carnauba-based "batteries"/"energy cells" sound like electrets to me...
In general a Carnauba-wax based electret would be made by melting the wax, pouring it into a cylindrical container (as if you were making a candle), then inserting electrodes at the ends, and putting high voltage on the electrodes during the time the wax cools and hardens. Once it has hardened and cooled completely, the voltage feed can be removed, and the resulting bar should produce voltage on the electrodes, which can be used. It keeps producing voltage at the ends, even after you discharge the electrodes. It doesn't last forever though, the charge generated drops very slowly and depending on how well the electret was made it will run for a few years before dying out.
So as you can see, melting the wax and adding any material seems to be "simply" a variation of a "standard" carnauba electret.

Perhaps it would already be quite cool to build a number of electrets? Their principle of operation as well as construction is entirely different from the power cells Hutchison made though, so you would be straying from the subject a little ;-)
But they will provide low amp low voltage dc or simply static charge that can be used, and they will do it for long periods of time. Effectively you would still have an energy souce made from relatively cheap material that will last for years. And it is much simpler to construct than a "crystal energy cell" is.

Oh, as for the tungsten carbide, of course you do not have to pulverize a tungsten drill. As with almost any chemical, it can be obtained in powedered form.
The tungsten carbide is probably just used to enhance the charge accumulation at the electret "poles"...

Of course nowadays we have new electret materials that can produce a significantly higher output, but they are expensive and often quite hard to work with, as a hobby electret builder. ;-)
For those of you that are interested in building a carnauba wax one, or just want to read up a little, a quick stroll on the interweb resulted in the following site which I think will help you on your way: http://ether.sciences.free.fr/electrets.htm

I do not think mixing quartz in with the wax will increase the output, as the electret effect does not rely on any piezoelectric properties, and quartz itself is a dielectric (and therefor non conductive)...
But if you're planning to experiment with carnauba wax electrets then by all means try to make a couple with varying degrees of quartz and see what it does.
Experiments are still the mother of invention. :-) If you are going to try it though, I would advise to get as fine quartz powder as you can for I doubt larger quartz crystals will work.
In any case, how do you think the electret was invented in the first place? Pure experimentation. In Eguchis case, one day he decided he would just stick high voltage electrodes in molten wax and see what it does. He just so happened to have used carnauba wax amongst others, and stumbled across the effect.
You might just stumble across a fantastic new way to increase carnauba electret output... you never know! ;-)