Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Captret - Capacitor and Electret

Started by ibpointless2, October 19, 2010, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpointless2

So i have two circuits going on. Both are running the same type of red LED and both are using the same type of capacitor turned into a captret. When both batteries are connected to their circuits the battery voltage on both will drop. Now this is where they start to act different. The Charged "new" battery will keep going down over time, not very fast but it will go down. The "dead" battery will go up  ???  Don't know but it does. One would expect that both batteries to drop when connected to the circuit and they do, but one would not expect the dead battery one to go up while still under the LED load. Even when the LED is left in the darkness or switch the LED out with a resistor or a electric motor and the same effect will happen. So makes these dead batteries that much better? will my charged new battery drain enough and become dead to where they will start to charge back up?

Why do the LED's even run? I've have them running on voltage above 20V and they don't burn out like you would expect.

When a capacitor is in series with a battery it will get full and make a open circuit, but the captret never shuts off.

So far all i know is that i got a LED light that will run off a "dead" 9 volt battery and keep running for infinite amount of time.

For even more explanation on the captret vs capacitor here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6U7Lg95-2s

broli

Quote from: ibpointless2 on November 07, 2010, 12:23:12 PM
So i have two circuits going on. Both are running the same type of red LED and both are using the same type of capacitor turned into a captret. When both batteries are connected to their circuits the battery voltage on both will drop. Now this is where they start to act different. The Charged "new" battery will keep going down over time, not very fast but it will go down. The "dead" battery will go up  ???  Don't know but it does. One would expect that both batteries to drop when connected to the circuit and they do, but one would not expect the dead battery one to go up while still under the LED load. Even when the LED is left in the darkness or switch the LED out with a resistor or a electric motor and the same effect will happen. So makes these dead batteries that much better? will my charged new battery drain enough and become dead to where they will start to charge back up?

Why do the LED's even run? I've have them running on voltage above 20V and they don't burn out like you would expect.

When a capacitor is in series with a battery it will get full and make a open circuit, but the captret never shuts off.

So far all i know is that i got a LED light that will run off a "dead" 9 volt battery and keep running for infinite amount of time.

For even more explanation on the captret vs capacitor here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6U7Lg95-2s

Can you draw a circuit of this, it's a bit hard to see where the wires are going, thanks.

ibpointless2

Picture of captret led driver circuit.

broli

Quote from: ibpointless2 on November 07, 2010, 04:38:27 PM
Picture of captret led driver circuit.

Thanks, I managed to replicate it and it's quite interesting. Actually you don't need to use both main legs of the cap, it also works like seen below.

There's obviously no short between the top cap and legs so that's ruled out. However my friend suggested it could be picking up radio waves. I want to rule this out by putting it in a faraday cage tomorrow.

nievesoliveras

I tried a capacitor with a dead 9v battery and a led. It has not worked yet. I will let it connected a few days and see if the battery gains a charge.

The capacitor is a 2200uf 16v I took from an old motherboard. the battery had 2v when I connected it to the circuit.

Jesus