Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rosemary Ainslie circuit demonstration on Saturday March 12th 2011

Started by hartiberlin, February 20, 2011, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdansie

@Infinger and Rosemary
yes I can see the device as is is very usefull even as a heat generator. Just a matter of engineering and scaling for different applications.
However and this is me being picky pain in but, i would much prefer to see a cap used as power source or at least some credible way to measure the battery (volts does not cut it)
That's my only beef at this stage and that why i get paid the big bucks sometimes
If you noted my past posts I have always encouraged you or given some unsolicited advice.
mark

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: TheCell on March 16, 2011, 03:47:21 AM
Hello

JR Hempel made an attempt to measure current in 2 ways:
1) Amps measured with clamp meter
2) Amps measured hot-wire ammeter
(http://www.practicalphysics.org/go/Experiment_698.html)

with 1) you measure both cold and normal current flow
with 2) you measure only current flow (this flow that causes heat)
Adjust them both to show the same value when applied to a normal power supply.
IMHO 2) measures RMS , if so ,choose a clamp meter that also does.

If there are differences between the 2 measuring methods you are dealing with cold current.
I'm not sure which 'THE CELL' has posted here.  I do not know what cold current is.  It's one of those vague terms that somehow has crept into esoteric science.  We do not measure with any ammeters at all.  We infer the current flow from the voltage measured across the resistors.  But thanks for the advice in any event.  I think we need to apply classical protocols or we'll never cut it with mainstream.

And again, Mark - I really need you to get this.  I do not care AT ALL what supply is being used.  It's the theoretical implications of the measurements and the consequent waveform that is of interest.  And this is NOT, absolutey not, restricted to a battery supply.  Why do you guys keep going on about this.  Think power source.  Think plugs.  It is NOT REQUIRED that this is only supplied by a battery.  Nor would the replacement of the batteries with caps change anything at all whether or not it worked.  It's irrelevant.  We are not discussing the electrolytic condition of the batteries.  We're only talking about the applied energy to a circuit and some means of optimising the output from that supply.  That's it.  The numbers stack.  If they're wrong - then strangely, they seem to be giving exploitable benefits notwithstanding.  And no-one has faulted the measurements nor the protocols.   

Anyway.  Hope you get this.
Rosemary

neptune

The advantage of being a numbskull like me is that I get to ask questions that my learned friends would not dare . I have never yet used Mosfets . I understand that a positive voltage has to be applied to the gate to switch the mosfet on and allow current to flow from drain to source . Looking at data on  the net I deduce it needs about 7.5 volts positive on the gate to fully switch on . Am I right? . The gate is driven by the 555 timer which has a square wave output . Question . If the 555 is driven by a12 volt supply . the output switches between zero and a positive voltage Question WHAT IS THAT VOLTAGE? Or does it switch between a pos voltage and a neg voltage . If it does NOT then how can the gate ever become negative ? Question . If we set up the circuit and tune it , why can we not then just disconnect the 555 circuit and substitute a small battery to keep the gate negative ?
           Applications? too many to mention .Imagine a small portable heater . Hand crank a small generator to charge the caps , or plug into the car cigarette lighter for 30 seconds . I bet that would be useful in Japan right now or if youwere trapped in a car in a snowdrift , or as a night heater for truckers .Or for camping/ life off the grid . A few peltier cells to supply current for lighting . Could some one please answer my idiotic questions?

Omnibus

Quote from: neptune on March 16, 2011, 06:56:16 AM
The advantage of being a numbskull like me is that I get to ask questions that my learned friends would not dare . I have never yet used Mosfets . I understand that a positive voltage has to be applied to the gate to switch the mosfet on and allow current to flow from drain to gate . Looking at data on  the net I deduce it needs about 7.5 volts positive on the gate to fully switch on . Am I right? . The gate is driven by the 555 timer which has a square wave output . Question . If the 555 is driven by a12 volt supply . the output switches between zero and a positive voltage Question WHAT IS THAT VOLTAGE? Or does it switch between a pos voltage and a neg voltage . If it does NOT then how can the gate ever become negative ? Question . If we set up the circuit and tune it , why can we not then just disconnect the 555 circuit and substitute a small battery to keep the gate negative ?
           Applications? too many to mention .Imagine a small portable heater . Hand crank a small generator to charge the caps , or plug into the car cigarette lighter for 30 seconds . I bet that would be useful in Japan right now or if youwere trapped in a car in a snowdrift , or as a night heater for truckers .Or for camping/ life off the grid . A few peltier cells to supply current for lighting . Could some one please answer my idiotic questions?

Why should anybody care to answer your questions since you never bother to post feedback? I answered your question in the other thread but you never told me if my answer made you understand what you were asking me or there still are hanaging ends.

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: neptune on March 16, 2011, 06:56:16 AM
The advantage of being a numbskull like me is that I get to ask questions that my learned friends would not dare . I have never yet used Mosfets . I understand that a positive voltage has to be applied to the gate to switch the mosfet on and allow current to flow from drain to gate . Looking at data on  the net I deduce it needs about 7.5 volts positive on the gate to fully switch on . Am I right? . The gate is driven by the 555 timer which has a square wave output . Question . If the 555 is driven by a12 volt supply . the output switches between zero and a positive voltage Question WHAT IS THAT VOLTAGE? Or does it switch between a pos voltage and a neg voltage . If it does NOT then how can the gate ever become negative ? Question . If we set up the circuit and tune it , why can we not then just disconnect the 555 circuit and substitute a small battery to keep the gate negative ?

Hi Neptune.  We used a functions generator to drive the FETs.  But I've just checked.  It's very doable to get the negative signal to the gate with a 555.  You'll need to get someone else to show you how.  I have no idea how its done.

Your applications are good.  I actually think it would take between 72 and 96 volts from a battery supply to get your hot water cylinders off grid.  That may be considered as well.

Rosemary