Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY ACID FREE CARBON BATTERIES

Started by Bizzy, February 23, 2011, 11:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizzy

Quote from: b_rads on March 01, 2011, 09:44:33 AM
Observation: @all - please respond with your thoughts.
The magnesium carbon cells powering my little solar lights, Old one sealed using Epsom Salt and the new one uses plain water.  The plain water cell seemed to be dropping current faster than the Epsom Salt cell.  A wind driven rain fell yesterday and rain-water got into the plain water cell.  Last night the cell gained strength and the morning the cell light was brighter than when I made it.  Why would rain-water be better than tap-water?  Any thoughts?
Brad S
Hi Brad
It could be one of a couple things, so i thought I would throw out my ideas for others to comment on or to add to:
First it could be simply that the cell needed water and the extra water helped to "recharge it" I know it doesn't actually recharge it  but it gives it the added moisture to operate. If that is the case build a simple cell run it and add water after a few days to see if that helps and has the same results.
The other thing it could be is that the rain water has a slight charge  to it it. Nikola Tesla proved that the atmosphere is charged and that only makes sence that water as it falls would collect some charges on the way down. If that is the case it could be that it added the charges to your cell.

We are still working to clean up my parents house and hope to be back in the tinkering room this weekend.
Bizzy

b_rads

For anyone interested, I have placed a step by step guide in the download section for the conduit/carbon/copper battery.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=460
Enjoy,
Brad S

b_rads

@all
I fully intended to do research last night but, instead I played with a basic joule thief and the Carbon/Copper/Zinc battery.  What great fun.  I could not light a 5mm LED directly from the two cells.  With a basic joule thief the two cells produced a very intense light.  I could light with as little as 10.7ma and the pot used at full on would consume slightly over 50ma.  I need to find the sweet spot where the cells are not stressed.

The DIY Copper Carbon Zinc document is here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=460
The Basic Joule Thief 101 document is here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=441

Have fun!
Brad S.

guruji

Hi B_rad great work nice nice. What is Alum? Aluminium filings?
Thanks

b_rads

Quote from: guruji on March 11, 2011, 04:05:56 PM
Hi B_rad great work nice nice. What is Alum? Aluminium filings?
Thanks
@guruji
Alum: food grade found in the spice section of your grocery store.  This is used in pickling recipes as a preservative to maintain fruit and vegetable crispness.  People have been using alum in the restoration of lead acid batteries as it breaks down the lead sulfate that destroys lead acid batteries.  Many think alum has mysterious properties that preserve the anode in a battery and claim that early lead acid batteries used alum, but was discontinued because the batteries would not wear out.

Brad S