Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ghazanfar Ali Generator - Utlilizing trapped energy

Started by Ghazanfar_Ali, February 04, 2012, 03:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mannix

Ok, many tests and adjusting the sim to my actual component vales an I find that, as expected the circuit operation totally relies on supplying some current to the float cap.

It seem to be a normal buck boost converter at this stage.
I am using a powersupply 2" torroid of 1300uh and 4mfd .

lots of heat and 1khz noise in the torroid

I think that the simulation does not account for the wire resistance at all ..as there are heavy pulse currents , wire resistance play a huge part ..The resistance of a wire carrying current increases with itself .. Perhaps this has been solved by Ali?

Ali, I would be happy to have some building tips .But  does seem to be a sim error so far
Confirmation of your build would be helpful as I have not  cleared the bench at this atage .

Just getting the circuit to self run from the dds generator would be amazing but losses within the torroid and wire prevent this as far as i can tell .

All, if you look at the current meters on the sim  even with no load you see many amps ..this is torroid current and seems unaviodable ..along with the Losses

I hope this takes  a different turn with some help from Ali'

Thanks in advance

broli

Quote from: Mannix on February 05, 2012, 06:28:09 AM
Ok, many tests and adjusting the sim to my actual component vales an I find that, as expected the circuit operation totally relies on supplying some current to the float cap.

I think that the simulation does not account for the wire resistance at all ..as there are heavy pulse currents , wire resistance play a huge part ..The resistance of a wire carrying current increases with itself .. Perhaps this has been solved by Ali?

Ali, I would be happy to have some building tips .But  does seem to be a sim error so far
Confirmation of your build would be helpful as I have not  cleared the bench at this atage .

Just getting the circuit to self run from the dds generator would be amazing but losses within the torroid and wire prevent this as far as i can tell .

All, if you look at the current meters on the sim  even with no load you see many amps ..this is torroid current and seems unaviodable ..along with the Losses

Thanks in advance

I would go for a wire gauge that can handle at least 15+ amps, especially on your toroid. If the wire is too thick to be wound on one toroid more of them can be used in parallel. Which is in line with what Ali claimed to use SWG 18 or ~AWG 16.

27Bubba

@ Mannix
"I am using a powersupply 2" torroid of 1300uh and 4mfd ."

Correct me if I'm wrong understanding this, is it the coil value supposed to be 337uH?

Thank you guys for addressing my questions. Somebody must keep me straight! ;D :D

@ e2matrix

"The two connection points on the left of the diagram are where you would hook up a signal generator or square wave signal input of some sort."

So.. If I understand this correctly, in order for it to start/work signal generator must be used?

Thanks

dutchy1966

Quote from: Mannix on February 05, 2012, 06:28:09 AM

Thanks in advance
Hi Mannix,
I'm not entirely clear on what you are reporting. You are saying the toroid coil is 1300 uH and a 4 mFd cap. Is this the setup of your tank circuit?
If so at what frequency are you driving it?
Have you precharged the capacitor? Is it running properly without any load?
I remember Ali saying he was using swg18 (1.2 mm) wire to handle the large current swings.
From this link I get that it is advisable to drive the core close to saturation: http://www.rexresearch.com/szili/szili.htm
Maybe you already thought of all of this otherwiae i hope it helps you (us) one way or the other.
Thanx for actual testing keeping us informed.

Regards Dutchy

broli

Quote from: dutchy1966 on February 05, 2012, 07:35:23 AM
Hi Mannix,
I'm not entirely clear on what you are reporting. You are saying the toroid coil is 1300 uH and a 4 mFd cap. Is this the setup of your tank circuit?
If so at what frequency are you driving it?
Have you precharged the capacitor? Is it running properly without any load?
I remember Ali saying he was using swg18 (1.2 mm) wire to handle the large current swings.
From this link I get that it is advisable to drive the core close to saturation: http://www.rexresearch.com/szili/szili.htm
Maybe you already thought of all of this otherwiae i hope it helps you (us) one way or the other.
Thanx for actual testing keeping us informed.

Regards Dutchy

mFd is another notation for micro farad (uF) not to be confused with milli Farad (mF). Those values indicate his tank's resonance frequency to be around 2.2kHz. So the clock frequency of 1kHz should be appropriate.