Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ghazanfar Ali Generator - Utlilizing trapped energy

Started by Ghazanfar_Ali, February 04, 2012, 03:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghazanfar_Ali

I hope ur sig gen was not connected with 4700uF. and if not then definitely ur 1mH damaged ur sig gen. coz it gives a kick off of high voltage back to the source producing pulses. :(

EMdevices

This topic has come to my attention and I can provide some insight into the operation of this circuit.   I simulated it with LTspice as can be seen below.

My primary comment is that this circuit is primarily a modified BOOST converter topology, lacking only the diode and perhaps the output smoothing capacitor.    The parallel capacitance of the coil is always present with any real coil, and perhaps this capacitance is enhanced on purpose by Ali.   Due to proper timing and resonance, the switching occurs at zero voltage (correction, at zero current technicaly which is very efficient), so it wastes very little power in the switching phase.      Here's a link if you're interested:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter

The real question is:  where is the power coming from?

The answer is:  the power comes from the 50 V supply, wheater it is a battery, or a large capacitor, or a power supply.

I'm wondering, do we have a claim here that using a capacitor, the circuit runs indefinitely and the capacitor stays charged up?    If that's the case then this would be very significant!

EM

PS.   The blue curve in my simulation is the current defined positive into the (+) terminal of the power supply V1, so when we see the negative ramp down while the switch is on, that's when the inductor is charging up magneticaly and current is increasing according to dI/dt = V/L approximately, and upon switch off, the inductor supplies it's energy to the load producing the kick-back.   The red spikes are the kickback voltage across the load resistor coming from the inductor.   However, due to capacitance in the circuit the inductor reverses polarity and the voltage drops down to zero, and that's when we switch, so this circuit is operated in the zero voltage switching mode (corection, it is switched at zero current see the blue curve), which is very efficient.     If we do not waste a lot of energy from the input power source (V1 in this case)  we can replace it with a capacitor and have it seemingly run by itself, but the energy in the capacitor will deplete over time, much like the Joule Thief circuits.

forest

Quote from: EMdevices on February 13, 2012, 04:41:45 PM
This topic has come to my attention and I can provide some insight into the operation of this circuit.   I simulated it with LTspice as can be seen below.

My primary comment is that this circuit is primarily a modified BOOST converter topology, lacking only the diode and perhaps the output smoothing capacitor.    The parallel capacitance of the coil is always present with any real coil, and perhaps this capacitance is enhanced on purpose by Ali.   Due to proper timing and resonance, the switching occurs at zero voltage, so it wastes very little power in the switching phase.      Here's a link if you're interested:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter

The real question is:  where is the power coming from?

The answer is:  the power comes from the 50 V supply, wheater it is a battery, or a large capacitor, or a power supply.

I'm wondering, do we have a claim here that using a capacitor, the circuit runs indefinitely and the capacitor stays charged up?    If that's the case then this would be very significant!

EM

PS.   The blue curve in my simulation is the current defined positive into the (+) terminal of the power supply V1, so when we see the negative ramp down while the switch is on, that's when the inductor is charging up magneticaly and current is increasing according to dI/dt = V/L approximately, and upon switch off, the inductor supplies it's energy to the load producing the kick-back.   The red spikes are the kickback voltage across the load resistor coming from the inductor.   However, due to capacitance in the circuit the inductor reverses polarity and the voltage drops down to zero, and that's when we switch, so this circuit is operated in the zero voltage switching mode, which is very efficient.     If we do not waste a lot of energy from the input power source (V1 in this case)  we can replace it with a capacitor and have it seemingly run by itself, but the energy in the capacitor will deplete over time, much like the Joule Thief circuits.

And it still WILL BE OU! It only need to run at 50V level long enough , much longer then initial time used to charge capacitor. What is your simulation showing after a hour or two (simulated)?

poynt99

EM,

You need to replace V1 with a 4700u capacitor, charged to 50V. Then run the simulation; if the oscillation persists, then you have replicated Ali's simulation. If it "falls off" as it did in my simulation, then you are at the same point I am at right now.

Still waiting for Ali to upload a working PSpice version, OR a video showing his bench build oscillating indefinitely.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

duff

Quote from: EMdevices on February 13, 2012, 04:41:45 PM

EM

EM,

That is the claim.

see here: http://www.overunity.com/7679/selfrunning-free-energy-devices-up-to-5-kw-from-tariel-kapanadze/msg311237/#msg311237