Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Accelerating wheel modeled under real world conditions - could it be?

Started by AquariuZ, April 11, 2012, 08:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Tesla

Quote from: AquariuZ on April 13, 2012, 08:56:40 AM
Here a few pictures what I am thinking of.

The wheel with bolts will almost look like a Western Saloon Gambling Wheel.

Thanks for this post.. I understand how it is suppose to work now.  8)

oscar

Hi AquariuZ,
While thinking about your idea, I feel that there are two basic options:

option a)
iron pendulum weights are used. A magnet is used (as horizontal force Fx) to displace/attract them.

option b)
magnets are used as pendulum weights. Then iron OR a magnet can be used to create Fx.

I think option (b) opens an additional possibility to create horizontal displacement:
using another fixed magnet ON THE LEFT SIDE of the wheel.  This magnet could PUSH/REPEL the pendulums to the right. That would increase the turning force.

Do you agree?
PS: I am attaching an image of AquariuZ's original model, showing his basic idea.
The transmission was a '53 (Johnny Cash)

AquariuZ

@oscar,

yes, good observation.

But there will be drag in either option which is basically the same as friction  :(

Even though I think there will still be an effect, the pull and the drag might cancel each other out-

But to be sure correct positioning of the magnet needs to be tried out.

I also was thinking about the pendulums being able to move only in a counter-clockwise direction using a spanner mechanism in the joint. Not sure how to describe it, but what I mean is something with teeth that does not allow the pendulum to swing left, only right.

That coupled with minimal Fx should be enough.

Look at this interesting video of a Mikhail Dimitriyev design:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODf49HtCNj0

only ¨pendulum" movement in CCW direction while the entire assembly moves CW.
and only two or max 4 weights needed.

If only I knew how to model this... Trying.

Thanks oscar

oscar

Hi AquariuZ,
Thanks for posting a link to the Mikhail Dimitriyev simulation.

Quote from: AquariuZ on April 15, 2012, 12:30:07 PM
I also was thinking about the pendulums being able to move only in a counter-clockwise direction using a spanner mechanism in the joint. Not sure how to describe it, but what I mean is something with teeth that does not allow the pendulum to swing left, only right.

Ok:
your original idea will work, but only if the wheel can turn with very low friction. One can model/set the friction of the wheel's central bearing in wm2d, and as soon as one does that, it does not work any more.

Preventing the pendulums from swinging back after they were attracted towards the magnet, is a good idea. Because as long as they can swing back freely (= loose their displacement) they exert the necessary force to drive the wheel only very briefly.
If they would stay displaced, they would exert that force for a longer period and the wheel would become more powerful.

The mechanism you describe is a ratchet, also called a freewheel clutch.
http://www.ringspann.com/en/Products/Freewheels/Overview__403/

Yes, to have that is a good idea, in my opinion.
The transmission was a '53 (Johnny Cash)

AquariuZ

Quote from: oscar on April 16, 2012, 02:56:49 AM
The mechanism you describe is a ratchet, also called a freewheel clutch.
http://www.ringspann.com/en/Products/Freewheels/Overview__403/

Yes, to have that is a good idea, in my opinion.

Exactly what I meant... thanks oscar.