Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Air Temp Nitinol

Started by gadgetmall, July 03, 2012, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

I was asked to help locate sources for the metal
Here is one I found for suitable wire.
Although I recommend using strips vs springs or wire.
Wire may be applicable if used in multiple strands.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/262827889667?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1

Most sources want us to request a quote.
Possibly due to fluctuations in the market.
The (avg) price should range from $40-60/ kg in bulk.

Word of caution::: do NOT buy from Kellogg Research Labs (KRL)
These guys are out to rip you off, price gouging, and overcharging for the alloy.
It's not often that I bash a company like that, but I feel it is for good reason.
There is no sense in paying what these guys charge, since their prices are
10-100x the $$ from other suppliers.

I will continue to look for viable sources and post what I find here.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

sm0ky2

Here's a descriptive report, worth a good read
http://cimar.mae.ufl.edu/CIMAR/pages/thesis/santiago_jr.pdf
This was submitted as a thesis
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

sm0ky2

Listed in the references (4 and 5) of the above PDF,
Are procedural methods for 'training' Nitinol (and other SMA's)
In singular memory, dual memory, multiple memory, and R-phase
Transformation states.

Also on pg. 14 is a mostly complete list of SMA alloys.
Particular attention is paid to Ni-Ti-Cu
By adding Cu to the alloy, the stress force is decreased
thus increasing net force output, while lowering difference
in temperature. Accompanied by this is an increase in actuation
speed as well as durability of the actuators. Allowing for longer lifespans
and increased frequency of actuation.

sm0ky2

Appendix A contains the java code for a Nitinol performance calculator
Shown on page 25.
Different parameters can be entered in, and the characteristics
of the allow are presented by the simulation software.

gadgetmall

yes I agree with smokey2. do not buy from Kellogg .I did and they do not have air temp notion as they claim to. it is totally a ripoff as the only way 8 was able to get the wire and rods to relax was way below freezing with salt and ice .about 30 degrees f. us less for our experiments because it takes way more energy to.make it do work verses the wire I bought from another source who is out of it. my wire will transition as low as 72 to 76 degrees for it to relax. training and annealing this wire takes practice as the more heat and the longer it's fired the colder it needs to be before it goes in the martesite stage.remember the normal or parent stage which it is rigid is the austenite stage.when you obtain nitinol be sure it's unanealled if at all possible. my sheets are not annealed.it was very expensive as notion is mainly used in the medical industry and military uses.I would be willing to sell some if anyone wants some.other than jmmedical.com and samaterials.com I am the only other place to buy sheet nitinol or muscle foil as its called.i don't know the exact specs of mine but it is thicker than a razor blade and about 10 sheets of copy paper thick.the edges will cut you if not careful.unlike wire or rods this can be stamped punched cut or even possible to be worked down to thinner specs I suppose by hammering and drawing the metal with a press and cold forging.i don't know I haven't tried to hammer any down yet but I intend to try and make it very thin like aluminum foil thickness if possible.i can say it is hard to cut.you need tin snips as it will dull most tools and sizzors .
this magical metal is unlike any other metal and doesn't compartment to bimetals.it is truly a weird alien metal with a life of its own especially when the two stages are close to normal air tempatures.BTW you can obtain thin wire pieces from eBay that will change stages at body tempatures and be soft with close to cool room Temps buy looking for dental thermally activated Orthodontic NITI. you can get a pack of 10 very cheap from china.like 5 or 10 bucks for 20 . it comes in  a lot of sizes diameters and also they have it in rectangular wires as well.
sheet NITI.ill sell my Sheet NITI at 5 dollars per square inch. or 100 dollars for a 5.1/2 inch by 5 1/2 square sheet plus shipping.the sites above list the same sheet for 2999.00.wow they are higher than gold or platnium.
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !