Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A funny question in electromagnetism!

Started by vineet_kiran, March 24, 2014, 10:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vineet_kiran

A funny question which requires serious answer!

TinselKoala

The magnetic field depends on the product (multiplication) of the number of turns and the current amperage in the turns. The current amperage for a given applied voltage will depend on the resistance of the wire. Fine wires have greater resistance per unit length than heavy wires do. So there is a tradeoff between number of turns, thickness of wire (resistance per unit length) and magnetic field produced.

forest

You touched very important topic ! The battle is about the choke which is high inductance yet very low ohmic resistance.
Any thoughts ? I have one and if you guess close to mine concept I will open source it here and for ever  ;) 
Game start ?

Jeg

Hey guys
If you cut the coil and supplying it the way you describe, then every turn will have  the same voltage potential and there is no step up or step down effects like coils. It is something else. It is like a superconductor with resistance close to zero but it is a straight conductor and not a coil. Perhaps a coil with every turn consist of hundreds of thin wires fits better to what you are trying to describe.

vineet_kiran

Quote from: forest on March 25, 2014, 05:20:40 AM

Game start ?

No!!!   I agree with TK :-  "So there is a tradeoff between number of turns, thickness of wire (resistance per unit length) and magnetic field produced."

If you make any inductance of low ohmic resistance it will become a short circuit and you will not be able to maintain required voltage and current in the choke.

I have shown only one coil in my drawing.  If you connect several such coils in series or parallel, then you may get some resistance to maintain required voltage and current.