Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

OK, I will listen and do an initial test first, with H2 slowly passed on top of the solution after an initial saturation   If it works I will find a glass blower to melt Pt wire to glass as leads with a top section that can be melted later to seal permanently.
Problem would be joining the Pt lead to the Ag wire. Will solder last for years?

The large disk is pure silver.  I thought of cutting it to shape, with a skinny section as wire.  I could solder it to Pt wire but again, I'm not sure about the solder...
I also have kilos of triple distilled Hg. Would this not be better than Ag? It can sit at the bottom of the cell with the tip of a  Pt wire encased in glass touching it- I havent checked if it amalgamates so that could be a problem too.. Doesn't it have a much higher overpotential?

I don't have all that many hours to work on this so would like to get something going that's pretty good.

profitis

Do my setup above for now as a preliminary yes pomodoro.seal around the pipe entrances with harcore silicone. You must have minimum exposure of silver wire to the electrolyte on the anode side otherwise slow self discharge will take place there and reduce voltage.use smooth silver wire leads.you don't have to solder just twist properly(many twists) onto the anode Pt wire,no corrosion will take place as it is actually the Pt wire which is anodic.do not cut silver from the disk to use as wire use proper wire.gold wire is also fine.you can use the below v-setup using a single bent glass tube or polyethylene tube.I'm using a drinking straw in the pic just to illustrate.the v-setup allows to easily melt both ends shut one at a time.electrolyte is inserted via syringe when Pt side is melted shut then electrolysis gives H2 there and oxygen generated on the other open end with Pt wire prong and ejected.a tiny bit of air will be trapped when you seal cathode side but not enough to recombine all the H2.a slight vaccuum will form after sealing.the tube can also be wider on the Pt side for more space for H2.

profitis

Don't use mercury now as it has small surface area as you know.cathode surface area is equally important as anode area for power current.we will have to amalgamate with silver later on and then anodize-cathodize same treatment as for the silver for area.your platinized foil looks well worn I see a lot of its black has fallen off but it should do fine.clean it in nitric,rinse thoroughly.

profitis

You can use bare copper wire for the initial test but it must be far above the electrolyte.copper wire won't leak H2 out the device but it will corrode if wetted at the interwire connections.

pomodoro

Thanks for all the ideas, you have given me plenty of info. Now its my turn to get something done. Next post will have some results, keep checking folks. Oh that pt is not platinized. I will try the palladizing treatment first.