Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2n3055 transistor question

Started by TheOne, July 19, 2015, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: TheOne on July 19, 2015, 01:44:59 PM

Any frequency really, from 1hz to 1mhz and same from duty cycle, right now I am using 10% duty cycle and 4 hz for led (test)
but I can change the frequency and duty cycle in realtime... I can post the program if some want to experiment with it.

Basically I think for a MEG, a low duty cycle is best with a higher frequency, but I dont know what a magnetite core can handle :)

Once all my circuit will be resolved, I will need to print a 3d core in PLA and i will fill it with magnetite without any glue
1MHz is out of the question with a 2N3055.  20kHz would be pushing it.  1kHz to 5kHz s/b OK.

TinselKoala

Quote from: TheOne on July 19, 2015, 01:30:42 PM

yeah that another solution, not sure if i will do that, sorry my phone take enormous photo and i did not scale down, next time i will use gimp to scale it down :)

My PI2 handle 2 PWM

PWM1 is using the defined frequency
PWM2 use the PWM1 * 2, then I use 2 NOR gate to make it ON at the right time

Yes, I see that, that's fine, but I am worried about your logic gates having enough current to drive the 3055 directly. Although...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdaoigsQ0Y

(See? I DO have breadboards and clipleads.)

TinselKoala

Quote from: MarkE on July 19, 2015, 02:22:01 PM
1MHz is out of the question with a 2N3055.  20kHz would be pushing it.  1kHz to 5kHz s/b OK.
See? That's exactly what I mean. The TK MiniSlayer operates at much higher frequency than one would expect a 3055 to be capable of. I just got it off its high shelf, dusted it off and measured its operating frequency. It's running at 681 kHz. You don't get that kind of plasma globe display at low frequencies.

Here's the Base signal, with 12 V input to the circuit:

TheOne

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 19, 2015, 02:42:41 PM
See? That's exactly what I mean. The TK MiniSlayer operates at much higher frequency than one would expect a 3055 to be capable of. I just got it off its high shelf, dusted it off and measured its operating frequency. It's running at 681 kHz. You don't get that kind of plasma globe display at low frequencies.

I am uploading a new video, it start to fail at around 800khz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOrAGxucrI

MarkE

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 19, 2015, 02:42:41 PM
The losses through a 2N3055 at that kind of frequency are horrendous.  Change transistors to something more appropriate and it will be a SUPER slayer.