Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rotating Magnetic Field's and Inductors.

Started by tinman, December 14, 2015, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Quote from: citfta on December 14, 2015, 08:55:14 PM
MileHigh,

You and I had a few discussions a few years ago.  At that time I mostly agreed with the things you posted.  What happened to you?  Your posts in this thread don't make any sense.  You allude to some kind of error about timing and never explain what that has to do with anything.  When Brad says there is no timing change you ignore that and in a very condescending way tell him he should always know that you are right.  Huh?  Say what?  None of us are ALWAYS right.  If you really have a technical explanation for what he is seeing then please explain.  Otherwise posting nothing at all would be a better option.

Respectfully,
Carroll

I clearly am not saying that I am "always right" and what I am saying makes perfect sense.  I am not going to explain anything, I would just be repeating stuff that I have already said 50 times before.

It's time for the experimenters to figure out things for themselves, to challenge themselves.  Working on the problem and arriving at the proper conclusion would be the best thing that could happen here.

verpies

Quote from: tinman on December 14, 2015, 05:53:47 PM
What are you talking about???
The timing never changes,as the transistor is being triggered by my function generator at 37 hZ.
The word "timing" does not only mean frequency and the time when a pulse begins (like the timing of a spark in a gasoline engine) - in electronics it also means how the entire signal varies in time and how it varies in time compared to other signals.

I am sure MH meant the above.

MileHigh

Quote from: verpies on December 14, 2015, 09:20:53 PM
That attitude would be contrary to the principles of the scientific method.

It's just another method at arriving at a proper conclusion, an exercise in deduction.  I arrive at conclusion "A" and then someone tells me that I am totally wrong and there is another conclusion.  If I am going to assume for the sake of argument that what this person told me is correct, then I can start over and try to reason things out.  If my reasoning results in my arriving at the same conclusion "A" then I have developed an argument to back up my statements.  However, if I follow a new path that takes me to a totally different conclusion that refutes my original conclusion and my peers agree with me and we have a consensus, then that is a very worthwhile exercise for myself and my peers.  The new conclusion may also be in accord with the unmentioned conclusion that the other person has.

In summary, I will have developed a completely new line of reasoning that hopefully is correct and refutes my original conclusion, and I hopefully will have learned something at the same time.

That's the point.

citfta

Hi Brad,

Looking at the still scope shots you can see that the applied voltage going to the coil does not cause the current to reach the saturation point  when the magnets are in use.  If you look at the same shot without the magnets you can see the top of the curve start to flatten just before the voltage is cut off.  This indicates the coil current has almost reached the saturation point.  So this does confirm the magnets are affecting the inductance of the coil.  You can also see the discharge time is longer when the magnets are spinning past the coil.  Hope these ideas help some as we learn about magnets and coils.

Carroll

verpies

Quote from: webby1 on December 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
I am also guessing that taking the average readings over time in the same way for both does not then reflect on the power dissipated over the time of observation
In a general case you are correct.
Mean current and mean voltage are useless for general power calculations ...yet that is what most multimeters display.

However, in the special case, when the DUT is supplied by a constant voltage (v), then the instantaneous input powers are:
v*i1 ,  v*i2 ,  v*i3 , ...... ,  v*iN
where i1 ,  i2i3 , ...... ,  iN   represent the successive input current samples.

...and the mean input power is:
(v*i1 + v*i2 + v*i3 + ...... +v*iN) / N
or
v*(i1 + i2 + i3 + ...... +iN) / N

Note, that the term:
(i1 + i2 + i3 + ...... +iN) / N
is the arithmetical mean of the current. Let's call it iMEAN

so we can write, that the mean input power is:
PMEAN = v * iMEAN
...as long as v is constant.

This formula works even when the current is negative.  Positive voltage and negative current mean that energy is returned to the power supply (C.V. source).

Note that this formula does not work when the DUT is supplied from a variable voltage source (e.g. PDC, AC, DC+AC)
For those other cases, these methods of power measurement and calculation should be used.