Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

100W Wireless and Single-Wire Power Transmission

Started by spg, March 23, 2016, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spg

I am interested in Tesla's, wireless energy transfer.

This video shows my project for 100 W wireless and single-wire power transmission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARCLD3qgjmI

With this device, I achieved wireless and single-wire power transmission:
-  60 W at a distance of 90 cm
- 100 W at a distance of 70 cm
This is a surprising result, considering the simplicity of the device.

My opinion, this is mainly capacitive energy transmission during the inductive energy transmission is negligible.

Image 2coilTransmisson.jpg - show the configuration with two coils and ground connection.
Coil T1 is Transmitter and  coil T2 is  receiver.

Image 3coilTransmisson.jpg – show the configuration with three coils without ground connection.

delboy

Very interesting but your experiment is just AM transmitter, so it is EM radiation and not Electrical field fluctuation that creates voltage disturbance along one wire or ground connection as Tesla said.
When you talk about ENERGY TRANSFER , then it always have to be SOME way, ground, one-wire, two wire etc.
but when you say WIRELESS it is like it says WIRE-LESS = no wires but everybody thinks it is through AIR but it is not !
It is through ground connection! Does it have to be? No it doesn't, you can use one wire connection instead ground.
But all we can see around are pics of TOPLOAD throwing some ARCS around, because we do not know what to do with it and we do not have one designed like Tesla described.
But PLEASE DO SOME SIMILAR RECEIVER LIKE TESLA - LONGITUDINAL RECEIVER, how to explain that, like "receiver in short circuit"
that picks up voltage differential, charges capacitor and discharge it to receiver.

When I used term "receiver in short circuit" it is one BIG story but I will quote Tesla from link :  http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1891-05-20.htm
In operating devices on the above plan I have observed curious phenomena of impedance which are of interest.  For instance if a thick copper bar be bent, as indicated in Fig. 32 / 128, and shunted by ordinary incandescent lamps, then, by passing the discharge between the knobs, the lamps may be brought to incandescence although they are short-circuited.  When a large induction coil is employed it is easy to obtain nodes on the bar, which are rendered evident by the different degree of brilliancy of the lamps, as shown roughly in Fig. 32 / 128.  The nodes are never clearly defined, but they are simply maxima and minima of potentials along the bar.  This is probably due to the irregularity of the arc between the knobs.  In general when the above-described plan of conversion from high to low tension is used, the behavior of the disruptive discharge may be closely studied.  The nodes may also be investigated by means of an ordinary Cardew voltmeter which should be well insulated.  Geissler tubes may also be lighted across the points of the bent bar; in this case, of course, it is better to employ smaller capacities.  I have found it practicable to light up in this manner a lamp, and even a Geissler tube, shunted by a short, heavy block of metal, and this result seems at first very curious.  In fact, the thicker the copper bar in Fig. 32 / 128; the better it is for the success of the experiments, as they appear more striking.  When lamps with long slender filaments are used it will be often noted that the filaments are from time to time violently vibrated, the vibration being smallest at the nodal points.  This vibration seems to be due to an electrostatic action between the filament and the glass of the bulb.[/size]

Ask yourself why don't we have one wire receivers, experiments that will repeat this what Tesla claims ?! Because Tesla had good transmitter, high voltage, high frequency (but stay low around 100 kHz not MHz !), that gives a lot of [V / m] volts per meter, that is required for RECEIVER. Tesla proved this ONE-WIRE and WIRELESS - THROUGH GROUND !!!
But today on youtube you will find just a lot of TCs that are just bunch of AM transmitters, just put transistor modulator add microphone or USB MP3 player and there you have your private AM radio station but not TeslaCoil !!!
For me today designs of TCs doesn't even look like Tesla made them ? Where is: spiral coil, larger and longer wires, requirement of secondary length to be one quarter of wave length, wider coils etc.
We are deviating from course ;)

For the end, just another link :http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1919-05-00.htm
I will quote Tesla :
By keeping steadily in mind that the transmission thru the earth is in every respect identical to that thru a straight wire, one will gain a clear understanding of the phenomena and will be able to judge correctly the merits of a new scheme.
Another quote :
Granted, then, that an economic system of power transmission thru a single wire is practicable, the question arises how to collect the energy in the receivers. With this object attention is called to Fig. 5, in which a conductor is shown excited by an oscillator joined to it at one end. Evidently, as the periodic impulses pass thru the wire, differences of potential will be created along the same as well as at right angles to it in the surrounding medium and either of these may be usefully applied. Thus at a, a circuit comprising an inductance and capacity is resonantly excited in the transverse, and at b, in the longitudinal sense. At c, energy is collected in a circuit parallel to the conductor but not in contact with it, and again at d, in a circuit which is partly sunk into the conductor and may be, or not, electrically connected to the same. It is important to keep these typical dispositions in mind, for however the distant actions of the oscillator might be modified thru the immense extent of the globe the principles involved are the same.

spg

Hello delboy,

Thanks to the extensive explanation with which generally agree.
I have a small correction. I do not use modulation. I use a very simple oscillator (double slayer exciter).

It is true. My transmitter radiates EM wave. The receiver is close to the transmitter.
This is the Near-field regions .

I think,  this is an area important in understanding Tesla's wireless system and  Magnifying Transmitter.
http://amasci.com/tesla/tmistk.html

But this is third step and I'm only on the first.

My new video dealing with this topic - similarities with Tesla's  wireless transmission of energy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqR8EpIP04

I'm almost completely sure that's a capacitive energy transfer.
It also means more voltage greater transfer of power at a greater distance.

spg

Hi,
in this experiment, I was surprised how strong is electrical field around the Tesla coil.
It is also interesting how much power can be transferred using capacitive coupling without resonance.
This experiment somewhat reminiscent of Tesla's radiant energy collector.

Basic Tesla's Experiments (Part 2) - Capacitive Coupling Wireless Power Transmission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc6Cw4GomMY