Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

inertial propulsion with gyroscope

Started by woopy, January 16, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJones

This is an important observation, Laurent:
"So when the device is on a flat hard floor,  the swing of the gyro (when the traction wheel is in contact with the traction ring) is perfectly horizontal all along the 180 derees and the gyro does [/font]not precess[/font] at all, so the swing is very efficient ."[/font]

[/font]

[/font]
Thank you for being so careful and observant!  [/size]
   I must say that the demo you did with a device rolling freely on marbles was very convincing to me.  For then, the device is free to move linearly (the term in English is, free to translate) or to rotate - yet it is seen to move linearly!  [/size]

[/size]
PS - may I insert a quick question to you, Laurent.  Years ago, I was following your excellent progress measuring the input and output power on a simple "cold fusion" flask using electrolysis in light water H2O. You were making progressive tests and improvements.  It did appear that you were getting "anomalous excess heat" (AEH) (which I think is a MUCH better term than "cold fusion" since in light water, the basis would not be fusion.)   [/size]
    My question is - do you still think that you were getting AEH?  or did you find some mistake??[/size]

I do not ask this to cause any embarrassment - rather, I personally think there are conditions where AEH is quite likely (based on several experiments I have seen) - and I would appreciate a quick follow-up on your intriguing set of experiments with light-water electrolysis.

woopy

Hi conrad

Very good idea if you can organize a steper motor and some elegant system to mimic the fig 1.

in general i find the matos in my generous backyard as i made a lot of modellism,  i have a lot of junk stuff every where in my house.

So for the small motor it is a old Graupner 6 volts (i had since a very long time) and the gear is self made with some plastic gears ratio 1 to 3.

For the motor controllers , and brass fidget rings, and ball bearing etc.. you will find at "chinese Banggood" for very good price.  I can look for detail parts if you will.

Hi Steven

I now understand why so few people are interested in this inertial propulsion with gyro.

This is the most unintuitiv  thing i have never experienced. You think you have understood , and right after the device behave totally contrary to your expectation. Fascinating at first glance but if you have bad luck or not enough craftmanship and perseverance you will rapidly give up and say OK that's a waste of time and anyway so many people have already tried and failed.

So i think i had great  luck to get it work on my 1 part video, which encourage me to go further.

So as i said i have redone the complete suspending system and also the device itself so i can easily rototate it all the 360 degres on the basis.

First i made a serie of test clockwise. And what surprise me is that there is always some wobling but also a SIDE push. Remember the marble test where the device does not translate straight forward, but drifted sideway.
And sideway drift pushes the suspended wheel also side way.  So in the clockwise test i have to reorient the "forward push " not tangential to the bicycle rim, but much "outer" . so the forward and sideward vectors compose in a rufly steady forward tangential vector. So now it is clear to me why on this suspended wheel it is impossible to get a motorising vector as efficient as per a floor contacting machine. And of course the wobling which does not help.

Plus of course the heavy rim (615gr) plus the counter weight (220gr) to move and also the ballbearing friction etc..

But in clockwise rotation , i always get good steady rotation , i also changed the position of the device on one side of the balsa wood end to the other, as you asked, and no significant change.

But when i rotate the device 180 degres, i also change the sideward displacement, so to get some counter clockwise translation, i have to rotate MORE than the 180 degres and now the composition of the pushing vector (forward and sideward) is very bad oriented. So i get a counter clockwise rotation, but soooo weak that at each time that the sustention ball bearing have the slightest resistance, the rotation stops. I suppose that with the monotoron kevlar thread, i will get some counter clockwise turns, but i have all dismantled, and i am not very much sure that it is relevant here.

So to resume for today experiment.    when the swing of the gyro is outer the rim, it pushes efficiently, and when the swing is on the inner part of the rim =nada. So this system does not behave as a pendulum as per part 7 of my video. and I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE GYRO dOES THE DIRTY WORK as Tinselkoala name it.

So for a good propulsion, it is absolutely necessary to mount a TWIN OPPOSITE and SYNCHRONIZED Spinning system, so the sideward forces are annulated and only stays the forward forces.

But as i said from the beginning of this thread, i am not interested in space propulsion system.

What puzzle me is the DIRTY WORK of the gyro----- what seems to create a reduction of the angular momentum in a spinning and precessing gyro.

Finally and out of topic
the big problem with my AES experiment was the measuremnt  of the INPUT power. So i could get no body  to help me  and only crude critics on the internet forum, so
without high quality instrument i was not able to go on this fantastic experiment. But as you say i am following the big progress of others and it seems that something is slowly progressing.
As a friend of mine says " they think that the real physic is in the classroom, not on youtube "

Laurent

DrJones

Laurent, I am very impressed by your enthusiastic pursuit of truth.  I like unusual/alternative approaches also.  Thank you for responding vis-a-vis the light-water experiment.  I found your work impressive.

Back to the gyroscope system - as I mentioned earlier, I find your floor-based system, rolling freely on marbles, to be the best and easiest to understand the motion. 

You wrote:
"Remember the marble test where the device does not translate straight forward, but drifted sideway.[/size]And sideway drift pushes the suspended wheel also side way.  So in the clockwise test i have to reorient the "forward push " not tangential to the bicycle rim, but much "outer" . so the forward and sideward vectors compose in a rufly steady forward tangential vector. So now it is clear to me why on this suspended wheel it is impossible to get a motorising vector as efficient as per a floor contacting machine. And of course the wobling which does not help."[/size]

[/size]
Right - a sideways drift is observed, that's fine - it still moves in a such a way that (linear) momentum conservation appears to be challenged, and that is a lot of fun to see.

If I could ask you to do ONE more experiment, it would be to repeat the marble test - taking video (data) for 2 or 3 minutes, and just let the device move freely.  Let's see how it behaves over time in this way.  It would be a fitting conclusion to a wonderful series of experiments that you have performed.

woopy

Quote from: DrJones on February 19, 2018, 09:27:18 AM
  Laurent, I am very impressed by your enthusiastic pursuit of truth.  I like unusual/alternative approaches also.  Thank you for responding vis-a-vis the light-water experiment.  I found your work impressive.

Back to the gyroscope system - as I mentioned earlier, I find your floor-based system, rolling freely on marbles, to be the best and easiest to understand the motion. 

You wrote:
"Remember the marble test where the device does not translate straight forward, but drifted sideway.[/size]And sideway drift pushes the suspended wheel also side way.  So in the clockwise test i have to reorient the "forward push " not tangential to the bicycle rim, but much "outer" . so the forward and sideward vectors compose in a rufly steady forward tangential vector. So now it is clear to me why on this suspended wheel it is impossible to get a motorising vector as efficient as per a floor contacting machine. And of course the wobling which does not help."[/size]

[/size]
Right - a sideways drift is observed, that's fine - it still moves in a such a way that (linear) momentum conservation appears to be challenged, and that is a lot of fun to see.

If I could ask you to do ONE more experiment, it would be to repeat the marble test - taking video (data) for 2 or 3 minutes, and just let the device move freely.  Let's see how it behaves over time in this way.  It would be a fitting conclusion to a wonderful series of experiments that you have performed.

Hi Steven and all

Thank's for the proposal

Here the video

https://youtu.be/_WBD5hZu0t4

And as you can see there is a forward displacement of the center of mass of the device and the substrate almost don't move.

For info the ballbearing of the device are high quality fidget ballbearings without side protection so there spin very freely.

And as seen on the suspended wheel, there is also a sideward force to the right of the translation depacement.

So it seems that we have to seriously study what is going on here. The Fiala's patent could be a good base.

Hope this helps

Laurent

sm0ky2

Nice work Woopy

To all:

I must have missed the presumed logical fallacy.
What is the basis for conjecture against this form
of propulsion?
(I assume many of you never saw the gyro boat)

To me this all seems classical Newtonian.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.