Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Grounding question

Started by nix85, August 31, 2020, 02:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nix85

i been watching rimstar's video on grounding/earthing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLW_7TPf310

as you know, ground wire is there so in case insulation on phase/live gets damaged and it touches the casing, electricity doesn't flow through you to the ground by through the ground wire which is connected to the neutral in the breaker panel.

what i don't understand, why not connect the neutral to the casing directly and lose the 3rd terminal.

what would be the difference. casing would still be at 0V and in case phase touches the casing current will flow to the neutral and not through you.

can anyone answer this

fritznien

the difference? Suppose the neutral opens then what?the case rises to the hot and you get zapped good.

nix85

"Suppose the neutral opens" what you mean

i said why not connect casing directly to neutral, instead of connecting it to "ground" which connects to neutral in breaker box

Paul-R

Quote from: fritznien on August 31, 2020, 02:51:43 PM
the difference? Suppose the neutral opens then what?the case rises to the hot and you get zapped good.
Isn't that the story of Keith Relf?
Sometimes, there is a leak which goes round and round, causing
mains hum. If you cut the earth, it breaks the circle and the hum
goes away - but there is still a leak - and once the mike stand ended
up at mains voltage. I may be mixing up a couple of cases but Fritznien
is right. Don't do it.(p.s. please post smaller images, 800 max. it messes up the thread).

nix85

still no answer why not connect the casing directly to neutral