Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming, unstoppable

Started by argona369, February 02, 2007, 12:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magkor

Halliburton: when you say something that is logical, I'll respond to it. Your screed was full of logical fallacies. To wit:

Oooh! There was a new cold record somewhere!

1. That's weather, not climate.

2. Climate CHANGE. Get it? CHANGE. It is anticipated to be highly chaotic. Yes, that's right, the science SAYS it will be chaotic. Being on this site, I would expect you to know something of chaotic systems. Apparently, you do not.

3. New cold records? FYI: New HEAT records outnumber new cold records 2:1. Should it not be balanced? No?

Now, if you've got nothing to say that is intelligent and logical, why post?

Waist? Chrissakes... it's WASTE.

Oh, and about the trees: there is a huge difference in the carbon sink created by an old growth ECOSYSTEM vs. a tree farm. The carbon released by not only cutting down the trees, but also killing the soil, etc., is huge.

Cheers

drspark

Yea!!!
Were gonna freeze or fry???
It will be a waistland.
Only monies and panic fear will fix.
retarded?

yelling fire on a crowded gullible planet
NOT
DrSpark

drspark

You Support those that have figured out how to tax the air you breath

Digjam

Quote from: argona369 on February 02, 2007, 12:57:38 AM

?The panel predicted temperature rises of 2-11.5 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2100?

By 2100 I won't be around, neither will my kids, and probably not my grandkids!
So it won't affect me ;D

But anytime government gets involved, they just screw it up worse anyway.
First we had to cut down on auto emissions, so we had catalytic converters mandated.
Now we have too much C02.
Then Some genius decided that we should burn food for fuel,Corn prices doubled
so farmers started planting more corn at the expense of other crops.. Food prices sky rocketed.
Not wanting to be left behind, other countries jumped on the ethanol bandwagon. Lots
of money to be made, they ran out of land, so now they are cutting down the rain forests to plant
corn or sugar cane. So now ethanol production ( or lack rain forests) produces MORE C02 than
All the cars in the world.
Oil Prices have dropped and food prices continue to soar.
I'd much rather eat than drive my car.

Global warming ? Maybe or maybe not. But one thing for sure, governments don't think before they
act, and most of the time they act they screw it up.

I agree we need new inexpensive ( free would be nice) energy sources. but don't take food out of my
mouth to run the cars or burns the lights.
And maybe I am a little greedy, but frankly I don't care how hot it gets in a 100 years if I'm going to
have to starve now.

magkor

Quote from: Digjam on December 29, 2008, 03:58:06 AM
By 2100 I won't be around, neither will my kids, and probably not my grandkids!
So it won't affect me ;D

I really hope that was just a joke.

QuoteBut anytime government gets involved...

I don't remember mentioning governments. Look at the relocalization and transition town movements as good examples of how this transfer must happen to be at all successful: grassroots. It's time for the people to re-assert their primacy.

QuoteGlobal warming ? Maybe or maybe not.

Wrong. Anthropogenically-forced Climate Change, period.

Remember: you ARE the government, so who is really responsible? Have you marched? Written letters? Anything?

QuoteI agree we need new inexpensive ( free would be nice) energy sources. but don't take food out of my
mouth to run the cars or burns the lights.
And maybe I am a little greedy, but frankly I don't care how hot it gets in a 100 years if I'm going to
have to starve now.

I strongly encourage looking into passivhaus (retrofits if you already own), earthships, strawbale, cob, etc., styles of building. Renewable, sustainable. And, of course, some DIY energy generation.

Cheers