Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

This look interresting, simple free energy device

Started by TheOne, March 12, 2007, 12:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

Howdy pirate.
I like this Idea, although it is rather parasitic, hehe.

I could start tapping it, but the radio station couldn't power their transmitter in the same fashion.I think Tesla was into radio transmission of energy wasn't he?

However soaking up some of the energy around high voltage power lines and radio transmission devices could be a good thing. In NZ there was a bit of a hoohaa about Telecom 'sponsoring' schools and then plopping a cell phone station on the school grounds. Parents went nuts about their kids turning into microwaved mutants. Same thing with HV power lines, people complaining about the EM effects.
Soaking up some of those effects is like cleaning the environment, and it is free power. Win win situation?

Anyway, I recalled the coil/antennae thing on the magnet capacitors last night, but will think about a bit longer before doing or saying anything.
I am curious about the magnet-coil-capacitor relationship. I am still thinking along the lines of magnetism, conductors, induced current.
1 Magnet+Capacitor, the relationship I wanted, but no discernible effect...
2 Magnet+Coil windings, possible combinations are many, I am sure something would have popped up by now.
3 Coil windings+Capacitor, just can't see a connection there...

I really want my capacitors to have some something dynamic going on inside. An external solution for their charging is of no use to me, because the source of energy is then out of my control. (Unless it is magnetic... sigh...)

By the way I read through the TMB stuff that Stifler published, after my practical session yesterday, and I experienced about half of it in my own lab/coffee table. Need to mull over and digest the TMB stuff while I work. Thanks for the link tak22, bulls eye!

I have 4 caps that have been 'charging' overnight, so I will be back and post the results of whether yesterdays abused caps have any fight in them.

Cheerio.

Grim

I have gone off the boil a bit regarding the caps. The measurement of overnight charge was a bummer. Two of the four caps, I couldn't get a reliable current reading from. The voltages were up to 250mV. The current was up to 3.8mA.

I set them up for a 40 minute test later. The weather is freezing, and the caps are not charging very fast, compared to yesterday, which was sunny and warm.

CapacitormVuA
50V1000uF5.46.4
50V1000uF4.95.3
50V3300uF5.324.6
50V3300uF9.541.4

Now the depressing stuff. These are only cheap items from an electronics store. But readily available. I was curious to think of how to calculate how much better their performance would have to be, for it to catch some ones interest.
So get ready for a weird calculation.

For a reference point, I decided to use an AA cell, something we are all familiar with. My camera takes two of these, and I have used two up just filming myself discharging capacitors. I use Ni-MH rechargeable's.

So, one AA Ni-MH cell at 1.50 Volts, and 2.50Ah, or 13.50kiloJoules

Now for my best capacitor, 50V 3300uF, self charged overnight up to 249.5mV.
It is rated to handle 165.0milliCoulombs but only put out 3.820milliCoulombs.
So it self-charged to 2.3% of its capacity.
So I am getting 953.1microJoules

To bump the voltage up, I need about 6 of these in series somehow.
So I have 6 caps, 1.497 volts, and 3.820mA for one second. Getting there... 5.719milliJoules
Now we need some current. I will start putting some more in parallel.
I need 655 sets of six, in parallel, then I can pump out 3.746Joules.
So it took only 3,930 capacitors to pump out 2.5 amps for one second, at 1.5 volts.
Therefore I only need 14,148,000 capacitors to keep up the pace for one hour, and then I have an AA Ni-MH equivalent.

Or in other words, I need a capacitor 14 million times better than what I have now.
A single capacitor in this example cost about $1.50.

Mad Scientist Journal interviews Grim
"I am considering seeking funding for this project, and for a mere $20 million dollars I can build a working example that will attract more investment. This initial $20 million will only just cover the cost of materials, but I will get a discount for bulk buying. I would be working for nothing until I connect over 28 million terminals together for the first demonstration unit. During the time it takes to construct this device, there will be ample time for the caps to fully self charge. I intend to use my whole house to contain the device. I still can't decide whether to layer them from the floor to the ceiling, or wall to wall. A regular maintenance schedule will have to be deferred until the second round of investment. Plans for a larger device are currently on hold while I await planning approval to build a second story on my home that can house a power source big enough to energize a penlight ."

Grim

OK, a bit of lateral thinking...

Resistance is friction in an electrical circuit.
How about the self-charging capacitor as lubricant?

Residual voltage in capacitors seems a well known thing, and I am sure that electrical engineers have to remember to design around or over the phenomenon when the scale of the circuit warrants it.

What about designing that small amount of residual voltage into a circuit, to compensate for resistance?

A dot of oil in a dry steel roller bearing can make a huge difference, so what about using the residual voltage of capacitors in an electrical circuit?

Grim

My best self charging cap was 953.1microJoules.

A five millimeter droplet of beer can provide me with about 100Joules. (Wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joule)

So that last bit of beer in the can that you can never drink is worth about 100,000 self charging capacitors.

Now that is just a disgusting waste of energy. Beer is not free energy, I am paying for every drop at the check out.

Beer cans need to be re-designed so we can drink the last drop, and I am just the man to do it!

Love, Grim.

Pirate88179

Grim:

I will help you on this quest.  It should be done.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen