Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

Special Thanks to   Exxcomm0n   for his Invention of a new type of Linear Bearing.

I'm still trying to track down a source of cheap bearings, but im not going to let THAT stand in the way of progress!!

I've made a crude test model of the bearing, and created a YouTube video to demonstrate that it works.
and ot works BETTER than some pricey alternative linear-bearings / slides that i have been looking into recently.

so, here it is, Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9k-F1H7Ngg

[EDIT:] - pardon the feline at the end, i dont have a means to cut/crop my videos...
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

exxcomm0n

Quote from: sm0ky2 on June 10, 2008, 10:56:32 PM
Special Thanks to   Exxcomm0n   for his Invention of a new type of Linear Bearing.

I'm still trying to track down a source of cheap bearings, but im not going to let THAT stand in the way of progress!!

I've made a crude test model of the bearing, and created a YouTube video to demonstrate that it works.
and ot works BETTER than some pricey alternative linear-bearings / slides that i have been looking into recently.

so, here it is, Enjoy!

[EDIT:] - pardon the feline at the end, i dont have a means to cut/crop my videos...

I di'nt invent no new nuttin'!

I told ya man, roller coasters got these things, I just let my mind do some sliding scale stuff.

Your video is an excellent demonstration of the concept.

Thank you..........Sir!

P.S. Keep the cat. Gives it that "close to home" feel.

:D

EDIT: Now there's a new topic for a rainy day:

Amusement park physics representation allegories and what formulas they embody.

Just about everyone has been to an amusement park and it'll help relate some concepts.

In fact, I always here people use the "spinning barrel" ride where the floor drops out after getting up to speed and you're stuck to the inside of the barrel to describe centrifugal force.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

Edpsx

so, here it is, Enjoy!

Rollerblade or skateboard bearings work great.  Just get the spacers that go with em and you can slide the allthread or whatever your using into them.  The only real difference between the ABEC ratings is tolerance levels for the assembly.  Ive been staring at roller coaster wheels like this for years wondering what I could come up with to use that design for.  Now we have something for it.  Ive got my mock up model drying at work now.  I know it wont work the way it is, but I just wanted to see what I needed to do to get it generally there.

As for the added weight that sticks over the rods.  How do you plan on attaching them to your rods?  I cant for the foggiest thing of a simple way to do it without effecting the sliding of the rods.  I was looking at pressure clamps but Im afraid they will be too close to the wheel and might drag.  Do you think rod weight will end up playing a big factor in the design?

Artist_Guy

I'm still trying to track down a source of cheap bearings, but i'm not going to let THAT stand in the way of progress!!  snip

Greetings OUtilitarians.

For all kinds of bearings, try http://www.vxb.com/ and they also have sales on Ebay. Some rollerblade bearings can work great, and also shower door bearings with nylon wheels are cheap if the tolerances allow for the slightly higher friction. Garage tech, but ah well. ;)

Quote from: rainj1 on June 10, 2008, 05:22:16 PM
See the wheel at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/redriderno22
snip

Bums me out that he says this worked, but his bearing died. There not a new improved bearing applied yet?  :(

Easy and cheap way that I used to make a working wheel bearing was to get a 5/16 threaded rod ($1) and various nuts and washers ($1), plus rollerblade bearings (laying around from replacing the bearings for my blades). Some electrical tape around the rod will make the bearing fit tight and flush. So, add a pair or three to the rod behind the wheel, this gives some good support for the axle. For the axle support, use a wood block.. make the hole for the bearings to fit via a spade bit, works nice, the bearings then slip right in, add electrical tape around for a tight friction fit if need be (before sliding in), clamp the block. Adapt to suit.

As long as the spade bit is drilled straight and the tape is applied evenly, you'll get a nice nearly friction free rotation (suspect a bent rod, or non-parallel walled hole if not).

Anyway, that's one way for a decent bearing support (not tested with Big Max Neo Mags though, might cause a ruckus). You can countersink the rod nut on the front, if needing a flush wheel front in the axle area (if your wheel is thick enough)...and if using wood, etc. I didn't but if using more rods of any type, I would have.

Images attached. Don't laugh too hard.

Note: the approach used here as to the wheel rod will be renovated and upon going to EM's (whenever I have a pair). Was fine for testing. Rolls well enough. There are sets of Neo's embedded in the rectangular (wood) rod ends. (Drilled)

Anyway, Smithsonian won't be calling, and the oil makers remain secure still, but my dog is happy it is out of her path.

Question: .is there a way to "parabolically" (for lack of a better term) focus an EM magnetic field to perhaps provide more oomph in a given area?

rc

Dusty

Well, I'm back with two updates.  Don't hold your breath, they are just showing a little more progress.  At this point I'm just going to wait till the 20th to see what I'm missing to make this wheel work.  I'm having fun building Archer's idea.  The whole thing was built with scrap material laying around the shop, so no big loss in costs if it never pans out.  I think alot like Clanzer in that I'm just having fun and if it works, great but if not I'll move on to something else.  I spent the last three years building machines for Butch LaFonte and we never really got anything to work, although I think we were very close a few times. Butch is one of the best I've every known, he is quite an inventor.   I think one of the biggest kicks I get out of all this is the anticipation of is it or isn't it going to work.  I think any builder out there will know exactly what I'm talking about.  Anyway, I'm having fun!

Thanks, Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nfze6spgG4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeozyH9m27A